1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New prius check list?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bea2006, May 26, 2006.

1. bea2006

bea2006 New Member

Could you please help me find the link to the checklist when picking up a new prius? THANKS. Bea

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bea2006 @ May 26 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]261284[/snapback]</div>
    I don't know of a list on this site. I got my Prius on April 19, and here are a few things I think it was important to know before I drove off:

1) How the Smart Key system works - how to take the 'actual key' out of the fob and put it back, and how to lock the car if you're carrying the Smart Key.

2) How to find the 'Km/Miles' switch if you're driving home in the dark - it's clearly visible during the day but impossible to see at night if you don't know it's at the far right of a group of buttons. I drove home from my dealer in the dark seeing my speed in Km/hour instead of Miles/hour, muttering the entire 10 miles home "a Km is about 5/8'ths of a mile, and 100 Km/hr is approximately 60 MPH".

3) How to set the rear view mirror to dim if there are bright headlights behind you, and how to turn off that option if your package has that option.

4) How to be ABSOLUTELY SURE that you've turned the power off in the car.

5) How to turn the lights on and off, windshield wipers, hazard light, etc. - all the nobs and levers and thingamabobs you can reach from the driver's seat, including adjusting the position of the seat and steering wheel.

I don't know if this is the kind of list you're look for or not - I hope this helps.

3. riscky

riscky New Member

4. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The links in your message don't seem to work, Riscky.

5. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

I must have black Priuses on the brain... That's TWICE I read the title of this post as "New Prius CHICK list?" I must be feeling lonely. ;)