1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Commercial

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by syberion, Aug 29, 2007.

1. syberion

syberion New Member

So I had some fun the last few weeks producing this Prius Commercial for a contest Toyota is sponsoring. The concept is based on personal experience. Now I get to find out if it's any good. You can see it at: http://www.current.tv/watch/117883982

If you like it, greenlight it for TV. If you don't, your constructive comments would be appreciated. This is the group that knows.

BTW, I'm a long time reader, and this shameless self promotion is my first topic. Yell at me if you must... :rolleyes:

Studies have shown that Prius drivers always get there first. ----->

2. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    he-he I think its a cute commercial! Love the stoplight action!

3. tballx

tballx New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ok so this is all constructive and it's worth what you paid for it

I think the comments in the current site are fairly accurate regarding the pace and number of close ups. It seems too fast and to many tight shots of faces and not enough of the cars. I'd like a nice wide shot of both cars on the line from the front and from a distance like dragsters.

It's also not immediately clear to me who the prius driver is, though I do finally figure it out. To me the sunglasses of the Prius driver remind me of CHIPs or a Camaro driver or Clint Eastwood or something. I'd choose a more modern pair to go with the car. It doesn't appear that I ever see the yellow car's driver. (Audi?). I don't really need to see him/her but I need for it to be a little more obvious that the Prius driver isn't him.

I'd like to see a low fuel light from the driver's vantage in the yellow car.

I'd like to hear the prius silently taking off as contrast somehow. You could consider making "silence" by letting us hear wind at the intersection instead.

You might consider having 2 kinds of music to contrast between the cars.

Also, I'd like a back shot of the prius rolling down the highway as the last shot.

Lastly, to me the gas pump is too far from the road. I think you need to use a smaller filling station as your set. The prius becomes too small and not noticeable enough. It would be good to have it close enough to at least see the passenger looking at the Audi(?) filling up.

Like I said, just some suggestions.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think tballx's suggestions are on target...the concept is good and there are some creative shots, but the aggregate is just a bit sloppy and confusing.

Also, I clicked to 'green light' it yesterday, but it insisted I register....sorry to say I'm not interested in registering at another site, esp. one I know nothing about and will probably never visit again, but will most assuredly haunt me with spam for years to come.