1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius-Compatible Blue Tooth Phones?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BrettDanKen, Jul 16, 2006.

1. BrettDanKen

BrettDanKen Junior Member

The Sony-Ericksson T637 was working fine in my 2004 Prius until someone fell into the pool with it.........
    Now it seems to work ok but the screen doesn't light up. We immediately removed the battery and sim card and dried it out but still no help. Is there repair help out there? I checked with cingular and found that the only bluetooth models they carry are:
    Samsung D407
    Motorola V3
    Nokia 6102i
    Samsung D807
    Sony-Ericsson Z520a
    Is my best bet trying to get the dunked one repaired or do I need to buy a new phone. If so, does anyone have experience with any of the above phones working well?

Thanks for any help!!

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I've had luck with the Motorola Razr V3c (Alltel CDMA).

And if you have a service provider like Alltel and some sort of insurance on the phone, here is my advice: Stick the dunked phone underneath the tire of your Prius and drive across it repeatedly. Say it was a "parking lot accident." At Alltel, they'll spend weeks trying to repair the phone if it's been damaged by water, whereas they just replace it on the spot (assuming you have ProductGuard and a deductible) if the phone comes in demolished.

3. SebMike

SebMike New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I've got a Sony-Ericsson z520a and it works well with my package6 prius blue tooth. I traded in my motorola (forgot the model #) because of some issues with dropping calls and bluetooth not realizing it; the z520a has been very reliable for the 3 months I have had it so far.

The motorola/prius combo would have problems associating with one another if I turned the phone on while driving, as well, but the SonyEricsson handles it fine.

I've got Cingular as well.

Mike

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BrettDanKen @ Jul 16 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]287348[/snapback]</div>