1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius....extended warranty question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gailmo, Jan 22, 2006.

1. gailmo

gailmo New Member

Brought home our new Prius yesterday ...and we really love the car. I still have a heart attack when it "stops running" at lights...hope to get over that soon! I am so appreciative of this forum and the people sharing their knowledge with others. It helped us a great deal in buying our car....and this brings me to my question: THE EXTENDED WARRANTY.

We turned down buying the extended warrenty from our dealer because we want to suport PC by purchasing it through this site. Today I was reading our local paper and came across this article about a local motorcycle dealer.

"Young bought a Honda motorcycle from ProCycle and paid an additional $375 for an extended service warranty. Last month, Young went to Larry’s Motor Sports in Jefferson City to sell the bike, including the value of the extended service warranty. When employees at Larry’s Motor Sports tried to verify the warranty, they learned that Honda had no record of it. He had the paperwork in his sales packet, and it was all filled out on a Honda warranty form. ProCycle officials admit there was an error in processing the warranty."

As I read this article, I thought about the great deal we can get through this forum on an extended warranty. Can anyone confirm that the Discounted Warranty is indeed valid and has been registered via Toyota? Since most people won't be "using" this warranty for several years, I just want to be sure that it is valid and reported to Toyota. Hate to learn several years from now that my warranty wasn't any good because it wasn't reported.

gailmo
    Seaside Pearl - 2006 #4

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    When i bought my 04 Prius I got the extended warranty from Troy on this site. When I unexpectadly traded it in on an 05 I had to contact Toyota directly to get a refund for the unused portion. As expected my 04 was registered with Toyota since i got my original warranty paperwork in the mail from Toyota. I got my refund and promptly got an extdended warranty for my 05. You can have No Fear about getting a warranty from Here LOL.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You have plenty of time to make the decision and save up. I decided to go ahead and get one, not something I generally do, but this car is different. It is not "yo mamma's car" and I wanted some protection. I love this car, but it represents many new technologies so I took the bate. Best to spend as little as possible on this hedge bet. Toyota has a good track record and they seem to be supporting the Prius well.

5. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You will get the official contract and ID card from Toyota soon after Troy sends in your paperwork. If for some odd reason you do not get it in a few weeks... give Troy a call.

I have to say that Troy was exceptional to work with. I cancelled my $1590 7/100/0 warranty that I got through the dealer for Prius #1... and then signed up both Prii through Troy.

Quick and accurate service.

/Jim