1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Four Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by WombatNC, Mar 19, 2013.

1. WombatNC

WombatNC New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi Everyone,
    I picked up my new 2013 Prius Four (Blizzard Pearl with Bisque Soft-tex interior) Monday morning. I love it, each time you drive you learn something else about the car. Got tired of being a slave to the gas pump. The prices are never going to go down and paying $45-$50 dollars a week is crazy. Other people I work with tell me I'm lucky I was only paying that much. Traded in a 2007 BMW X3 that had close to 80K miles on it. It was starting to become the true meaning of BMW (Break My Wallet).

PriusGuy32, ralleia and JMD like this.
  2. matt b.

matt b. Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good move !! Smart decision

JMD likes this.
  3. BCP

BCP Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on the new purchase! I recently made a similar move, trading in a 2004 Lincoln Navigator for a 2010 Prius. Your coworkers are right, you were lucky to only spend $45-$50 per week in fuel; my Navigator was a little more thirsty. I actually took a job closer to home hoping to stop spending $600-$800 per month in fuel, and was only partially successful since it only went down to $400-$500 per month. It seems the shorter drive and more frequent stop-and-go were still detrimental to obtaining any sort of fuel economy. Now I'm in a job I don't like but it's close to home, and was still a slave to the pump. Fortunately I was able to unload the truck and get a Prius - so far it seems like a good choice, and one I should have done sooner vice changing jobs. Doh!

JMD likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome, all the best!(y)

5. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congrats. I sold a 2006 MMW 325i with 106,000 miles for a new 2012 Prius and never looked back. I enjoyed the Bimmmer but the repair costs and problems were a financial headache. My monthly gas bill went from $300 to $100.

Tires $1,300
    Major tun up $1,000
    Oil change $150
    Brakes $300 per axle
    Oil gasket repair $600

Etc

6. ralleia

ralleia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I don't know what the weather is like where you live, but one thing that I LOVE about my Prius is the 450+ mile range. Range is over 500 miles under optimum conditions.

The range means that I am able to pick a decent-weather day to gas up and then wait two weeks or more until another nice day. Sunshine and air temperatures are a lot nicer than near-freezing and gusting winds!

It was nice today so I filled up. It took a whole 8 gallons (gasp!) and I'll be set until at least the first part of April.

Best of all, when I pulled into the gas station there was a white Pri ahead me (the driver likely had the same idea as the weather won't be this nice again for two weeks).

And seeing another Pri isn't exactly common in this little midwestern town!

7. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

8. RAL

RAL Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good move!! Like you I doubt gas will go down much at least for long. It would not surprise me to see it spike above $5 this summer. At that time the Prius will be in very high demand like a homely girl after she wins the powerball!

RAL

9. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! Be sure to sign up for the Blizzard Brigade.

10. PriusGuy32

PriusGuy32 Prius Driver Extraordinaire

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome to the site and congrats on your super smart purchase :)