1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Hybrid Website

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by seo, Oct 19, 2006.

1. seo

seo New Member

Hi

Toyota Austria has launched a new website about the new Prius:

Toyota Prius Hybrid Auto

There's a nice quiz and informations about prius and the hybrid-technologie in general

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    And i only missed 1!!!!! now, if only i knew what the questions were... or the answers... :lol:

3. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Oct 19 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]335039[/snapback]</div>
    Oh man, you rock! I got two wrong...and I remembered a few prepositions and the occasional verb or noun from college German class. Some of them you could figure out from the answer only, like the one apparently asking the top speed. :blink:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ Oct 19 2006, 10:15 AM) [snapback]335039[/snapback]</div>
    Actually your quote says you have all ten question correct (apparently Fragen means question, and antwort is answer). Maybe that's with retries, I can't remember how my answer was phrased. There's something about a telephone too, I think they call up a winner at random. It would be funny if they got somebody who didn't even speak German. :D

4. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Oct 19 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]335218[/snapback]</div>
    Fragen is the plural of Frage, so it's "questions". I took German in college and was pretty terrible at it. I'd be lucky to be able to carry on a conversation with a dim witted one year old! :D

Well, after cocking up the first question the first time it looks like I also got 10/10 :blink: I guess they just let everybody get 100%. Without the answers there I'd have no idea what they were asking on all but maybe one of them. I suppose I might as well admit that I hardly know more german than someone who's never heard the language. Sad indeed. Fun quiz though.

5. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Oct 19 2006, 03:51 PM) [snapback]335243[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for the reminder on the plural. There's 3 main phrases I remember - "ich weis ist nicht" (I don't know), "wo ist die toileten" (where are the toilets) and "ich habe keine Ahnung" (I have no idea). Also "wiefiel kostet das?" (how much does that cost), which I tried on a German shopkeeper, who promptly replied in English.
    The first time I was there, Back to the Future, part II was playing there, and they had these posters which said, if I remember it correctly "Zuruck zu die zukunft, zwit zwei", which I found humorous, altho most people just get a kick out of 55 or, "funf-und-funfzig".

Now I've married a Bulgarian, and our son spoke Bulgarian up to the age of two, when he started going to day-care and learned English and unfortunately lost most of the Bulgarian. But I can speak Bulgarian as well as any two-year-old now..."where's the kitty-cat" "how does a cow sound", even their equivalent of "kitchy-kitchy-coo". None of which does me much good getting thru customs. :blink:

Sorry about the off-topic nature. I'm a little stressed at work, so my mind is just meandering.

6. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Wie sagt mann auf Deutsche <insert word here>?" (how do you say <whatever> in German?) is my favorite. If I were to ask any other questions I couldn't understand the answer. :D

It's better to just wander around like that guy in Indiana Jones, the Last Crusade shouting "does anybody speak English here?" and looking like the most pathetic tourist as is possible.

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    das nodt for gerfingerpoken! haha

8. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :lol: :lol: man, its like they have a different word for everything !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. bdirwin

bdirwin Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Ich spreka deutch nich. Not sure of the spelling, but it means I speak German not, or I don't speak German. That has actually come in handy.

10. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I am very sorry, at this point I just know enough German to be very dangerous. I really tried to fill out the registration page, but it has been almost 40 years since German 101 in Collage and 43 years since High School. Thank you for putting up the references. I really hate it when things I have learned 40-50 years ago are no longer accesable.

11. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LuvMy06Prius @ Oct 20 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]335960[/snapback]</div>
    schpreche

12. Alberich

Alberich New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripp @ Oct 21 2006, 05:35 AM) [snapback]335993[/snapback]</div>
    Not exactly...

Ich spreche kein Deutsch. -> I don't speak German.

My German is a little more better than my English...