1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius in T minus 5 days!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by cdngidoc, Apr 19, 2008.

1. cdngidoc

cdngidoc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hello all,

I've been an occasional "lurker" on the PC forums for the past 2 or 3 years, and I thought this would be a good time to finally make a post, since I've just put a deposit down on my very own Prius! My fiancee and I were waiting to see what the 2009 model year would bring, but then I recently found out that the Canadian federal government rebate of $2000 will only be applicable to the 2008 model year. So now was the time to buy!

Our Special Edition + Nav Magnetic Gray Prius is ready this coming Thursday... can't wait!

Looking forward to learning more about our new car on this site!

2. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sounds good! I put a deposit down and have 6 days to go for my red Prius! I too thought now was a good time to buy because:
    - The $2K rebate ends at the end of 08
    - The Prius is the most technologically advanced hybrid and gets the best mileage
    - The Prius is proven (it's been around for over 10 years now -- in Japan). I'm interested to see the next gen hybrids coming as soon as 09 but then you get into "new" technologies again and potential problems
    - Although more expensive it seems better than the Civic hybrid
    - The Camry hybrid although slightly cheaper is too bland and gets 20mpg less!

The Prius I test drove was the one you're getting but without Nav.

I'm curious, did the dealer give you any discount off MSRP? My dealer wouldn't budge a penny.

3. cdngidoc

cdngidoc New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I got about $1300 off the MSRP, plus another $900 off the original quoted price of adding leather and heated seats. Originally they weren't very interested in discounting, but I found a broker who was willing to sell to me at $900 above dealer invoice (fleet price). I ended up buying at the dealer (which cost me a little more) since the dealer works with a Toyota Canada approved company who does the leather and heated seats. I had seen an example of that company's work in a Prius a number of months ago, and it looked very good.

Enjoy your new Prius! :)

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and :welcome:!

5. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle: