1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius IV -- Way to disable some of the beeping?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kilton, Feb 27, 2010.

1. kilton

kilton New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm loving my new IV, but two things are a bit annoying: the double-beep when locking or unlocking the doors, and the beeping while in reverse. Is there a way to disable these?

2. Wiserone

Wiserone Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    1) I don't know, maybe.

2) Yes. You need to do it with a scanguage OR ask your dealer. The dealer might even do it for free. Search the forum.

3. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just had the rear beep disabled at my dealer a couple of days ago (a week after buying the car), and they did it for free.

But before you go, look at all the other options beginning on page 587 of your manual. There may be other things you'd like to change; might as well get them all done at the same time.

4. IrishPrius

IrishPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ya. Dealer just removed reverse beep for free. Beeps once only when first put into reverse.
    He did it by request when doing the brake software update.

5. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Others have already mentioned the dealer can change the reverse beep to one single beep, but I'll add that they can also remove the beep codes for lock/unlock (see 'customizable features' section of the owner's manual, starting at page 587).

6. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You can also choose whether the doors automatically lock when you put it in gear (the default), or not until you actually start driving.

There's quite a few things that can be changed, but that stupid beeping was the only thing I chose to alter.

7. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Actually, I'm having trouble figuring out how to disable the locking settings for when you put it in gear. I follow the manual's steps, but nothing changes! Any hints?:confused:

8. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had the same issue--the owners manual instructions did not work for me, so I took it to the dealer.

There's a thread on this, and my recollection is somebody posted instructions that worked for them.

9. venom700

venom700 Just call me Brian...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Search for a thread that I had going. You actually have to turn off the one feature, and turn the other on (such as locking when in gear to off AND locking at 12mph on). They don't just switch back and forth for the lock setting. That's what threw me off as well.