1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner - 08 Barcelona Red

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Tbirdtony, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Tbirdtony

Tbirdtony New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New Prius Owner - 08 Barcelona Red - Added pictures

Hi everyone - I picked up my 2008 Barcelona Red Prius yesterday in Wichita (Prius is very hard to get in Oklahoma City) and drove it 159 miles home:). I was really surprised by how quiet it is. I have seen posts about the seat comfort but the seat seemed fine to me. There is one item that Toyota should add to the Prius and that is a telescoping steering wheel. The car got 48.8 mpg for the 159 miles. I was on I-35 and tried to vary the speed (since it only had 5 miles when I picked it up) and I never drove above 70 mph. Sat down and read the owner's manual last night. The car sure looks great in Barcelona Red. Two of my neighbors saw the car and wanted to know all about it. They were surprised at how large the interior is.

Well, I think that I have now graduated out of the Newbie Forum. To those who are thinking of buying a Prius - do it. You will not be disappointed.

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PC, you will find a lot of good info here.
    Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new baby!

3. Tbirdtony

Tbirdtony New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    New Prius Owner - 08 Barcelona Red - Added Pictures

Here are two pictures of my new Prius. Enjoy the pictures.

Attached Files:

4. rwhoyle

rwhoyle Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tbirdtony,

Hi and welcome to Priuschat!!!! Pics look great!! You'll find this site a wonderful source for information and help on your new Prii (Turning off the reverse beep and seat belt beeps, for instance). Ironic about your comment of lack of Prii in OKC in that I live in Tulsa and purchased both of my '08 Touring models in Oklahoma City. The Tulsa Dealers were consistantly high with their quotes when I bid the cars thru the internet. Go figure.

5. Tbirdtony

Tbirdtony New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I have owned the Prius for almost a week and have 270 miles on it. I am really impressed. What a great car. I have added a hood on the MFD (multi-function display) to cut out the sun's glare. I bought it on Ebay from Prius Hoods for $26.99. A very nice quality product. I also installed Toyota mud guards. I bought them new on Ebay from a Toyota dealer for $35.00. I installed them this morning (took less than an hour). To everyone - enjoy your Prius.