1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner 2010

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Lucymama, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Lucymama

Lucymama Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just purchased a 2010 Prius III w/solar package and navigation system. Is the Toyota Extra Care advisable?

Thanks.:confused:

2. going red baby!

going red baby! still a n00b

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You have 35 months to think about it since you can purchase it any time as long as your factory warranty is still valid. I think there's differing opinions on it here and it would also depend on how long you plan to keep your car.

If you search for "extended warranty" (that is what you're asking about, isn't it? I'm just realizing you may be asking about something else that the finance guy was trying to sell me...) anyway, if that is what you're looking for and you do that search you should find some threads discussing it.

Also, if you decide to buy the extended warranty you can get it through here for a lot less, I forget where the post is about it but it should come up in the search.

Here you go:
    http://priuschat.com/forums/sponsor...rius-extended-warranty-service-contracts.html

Give that thread a read through.

3. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    None of the add on things, extended warranties, or service contracts sold by dealers are worth while. Dealers make a lot of money on this stuff and their sales people are pretty slick, just say no.

1 person likes this.
  4. jry423

jry423 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree with the above. Avoid dealer extras.

1 person likes this.