1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner... awaiting my car!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by keribear, Jun 26, 2011.

1. keribear

keribear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just wanted to say hello. :) I am starting to read some threads to learn about the car I didn't know I was buying until yesterday. Story:

Just moved to WA from Alaska, and couldn't wait to trade in my AWD Nissan Rogue. It gets around 25mpg, not terrible - but not great. I'd been ogling the Prii(?) whizzing past me, and stopped at a Toyota dealer to drive one for the heck of it on Friday.

I guess I hadn't realized that the car was in such short supply around here (everywhere?). The first dealer actually drove me around the neighborhood in a pickup truck looking for a 3rd gen Prius parked on the street that I could look at! Needless to say, unimpressed.

Decided to stop by a second dealer yesterday and got so lucky! They originally told me no go - none in stock, all arriving spoken for for about three months... then refreshed the page and found someone had abandoned their order of a blue 2011 Prius that will arrive this week. I was still wary of buying a car I've never seen in person, but someone had just returned a Prius RENTAL car to the lot. They let me cruise it around and I fell in love instantly - with the interior, exterior, and the feel of the drive. Sold!

Anyway - point is, I signed the paperwork and my Prius arrives hopefully by the end of this week! Now it's up to me to learn everything I should have learned earlier! You have all been very helpful already - can't wait to learn more! :cool:

2. samsprius1

samsprius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited AWD-e
    When we bought our '09 the dealer had 1 used one to show! At that time it was a 3month wait:eek: I think your smart to jump on this one! Enjoy the wait with PriusChat!

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your decision to buy a Prius and welcome to PriusChat. :welcome:

Once you take delivery, post some feedback about your new Prius experiences.

Enjoy the high MPGs, technology and low emissions.