1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner (by accident)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JayCizzo, Sep 20, 2008.

1. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Went shopping for a new vehicle for my wife last Saturday. Looked at the Vue Hybrid and various hatchback 4-doors (Caliber, Vibe, etc.) Never even thought about the Prius. They've always been so hard to get and expensive with dealers tacking on extra fees.

Well the last dealership we went to was Toyota. Looked at a couple of Scion's, the Matrix, Rav 4 and my wife didn't really like any of them. On they way back to our car to leave the salesman sees a Prius on display and asks us "How about a Prius?" Well I didn't think we would like it but when we looked inside and saw how spacious it actually was we decided to go on a test drive. The rest is history.

I've already installed the GROM aux input as the capability to play my Zune in the car was a must. Yesterday we had cruise control installed and the windows tinted at the dealership. Our mileage through the first tank is 40.5 with 3 pips left. Hopefully that will continue to climb.

Well, just wanted to tell my story and introduce myself to the forum.

Jason

2. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You'll probably look back at this being the luckiest accident you ever had. Welcome!
    (and now we want details - color? did you give him/her a name? picture?)

3. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Reminds me of when we went to look at a Prius back in 04 just to satisfy my curiousity. We were so surprised and impressed I "just had to have one" LOL. After waiting a couple of months on"the list" I coudn't stand it anymore so I scoured the internet and found a "demo" in West Virginia.

PS welcome to prius chat and happy you had a "good" accident LOL

4. Dipena

Dipena Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yeah, me too. There's a Toyota dealer down the street from me, and I figured that I would stop in real fast before I bought a honda or a nissan from the dealer I was leasing from.

Once I got into the Prius and took a ride it was a very simple decision!

5. jpadc

jpadc Type before I think too often

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Funny, I thought you meant by a real accident. That's how I got my first Prius. The original owner of the car, my uncle, was killed in an accident while riding his motor bike (very sad story) and I bought the car from my aunt as she never did not feel comfortable driving his car. I ultimately decided to trade it for the one I have now, but I likely would not have been a Prius owner had that accident not occurred. I will always miss my uncle, but now I feel especially thankful that he was wise enough to choose such a great car.

6. JayCizzo

JayCizzo New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I guess the color is called Driftwood Pearl. We had a similar color on a 2000 Mazda Protege and loved it. No name and no pics yet. The former probably won't happen but I will get to work on the latter.

7. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    congrats and welcome!

BTW, driftwood pearl is the best color :D