1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner Florida

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by NitroxFL, Jun 16, 2008.

1. NitroxFL

NitroxFL New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    New Prius Owner in Florida 235 Miles on it. I only found 2 dealers in Florida not charging above MSRP both owned by the Penske Group one in Orlando and one in Royal Palm Beach FL.. I love it so far need to Tint windows and get Sirius kit............ Jeff

2. lfwintx

lfwintx New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Congratulations!

3. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Raise a toast to all those honest Toyota dealers around the country (including my local dealer) who are still selling Priuses at MSRP. We should make a list of them.

4. Shimpy

Shimpy New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My wife did a lot of internet searching and found a dealer near the Tampa area (Courtesy Toyota of Brandon) that does not charge over MSRP, but the $500 deposit is non-refundable unless they fail to provide what you ordered in 6 months. They said they do this because too many people were putting their names on multiple waiting lists and seeing who delivers first.

We are newbies on the waiting list and it may be until December before we get one, but are hopeful it will be sooner since we were not picky about color. There are at least 5 closer dealerships that want $2000-3000 over MSRP.

5. jjksutton

jjksutton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I bought my wife's Spectra Blue from the dealer in Orlando...Central Florida Toyota. They did a great job, only a month wait. Ask for Courtney, she did fantastic.

6. TravelBliss

TravelBliss It's worth the wait !!!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on getting your new car!!
    I'm hoping FL gets their allotments soooon !!!!

7. Yoda-chan

Yoda-chan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Enjoy! The Prius loves Florida...nice flat roads and warm weather. :)

8. dwdean

dwdean Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats and welcome!

I see more and more Prius around here. We don't have quite the density as California, yet, but we seem to working on it.

Like Yoda-chan said, many of us do well with FE here....the engine is warm in like 20 seconds and the miles and miles of flatness are the things that Prius dreams are made of...;)

9. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  10. orracle

orracle Whaddaya mean "senior" member?

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    We were behind a "mature" lady in a Jag with a Palm Beach license holder. We were in line at McD's. Something did not compute...

11. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Tint windows

Check out Tint America (Tint America) They have an office in WPB.

$175 for everything but the windshield, which is illegal in FL. It does include the "little" windows.

Bob

12. NitroxFL

NitroxFL New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have you used them? Do they have the computer cutter so they never cut a gasket?

13. dwdean

dwdean Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Don't know. I also talked to these folks. They have a nice shop, but never got much further with this than the talking stage when something else got in the way....

14. rsforkner

rsforkner Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I had my car done by them. Mine was done in the Boynton Beach shop since it is only a couple of miles from my house. AND, there is a McDonald's next door for a snack while waiting.

I also had them tint the windows in my house with a hurricane rated film.

I really don't know how they cut the tint. I looked my car over and don't see any gasket cuts or nicks. This is the first time I have had a car tinted and it never occurred to me to ask about that. I guess a phone call would be the quickest way to find out.

Bob

15. pauleknight

pauleknight Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just purchased a Black 08 Package #6 in Orlando (well two months ago) and love it.

5000 Miles in 60 days and going strong.

I put in the tint for $140 at a place in Orlando and they have a computer cutter.

I also had the dealer put in the Sat Radio and I purchased the life time service.

My wife has an 07 Pri with everything but leather, She only puts 10K miles a year or less on hers. and she loves her Prius also.

Not to mention we have 2 kids and grandparrents that live with us 5 months out of the year so we also have an Armada that gets 13 MPG when fully loaded.

So in the driveway we have what I call Yin/Yang Prius/Armada.

16. tdpr08

tdpr08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    EXCELLENT DEALER - Royal Palm Toyota - Royal Palm Beach Florida

Jeff is right (quote below)! Royal Palm Toyota is the only one of the two dealers in South Florida that do not charge above MSRP!!! They even gave discount of 600$ from MSRP! Only 6-8 weeks waiting list and with a little luck to want the car that most frequently arrives (package 2), you can get it within a week, absolutely unbelievable!

Excellent facility, excellent buying experience. Look for Ismael Alvarez, i just got mine yesterday and I am ecstastic! He was incredible thorughout - patient, non-agressive, very thourough, and very kind.

I couldn't believe it, after so many frustrations and humiliation with other dealers! But Royal Palm told me why - they are new dealers and commit to Toyota for fastest sale of Priuses. Plus, the more they sell, the more quota they get. So they developed a sophisticated logistics to manage the waiting lists, and the whole demand. They are also part of Penske Group which I read in this forum has an excellent reputation (same experiences reported in Tampa and Orlando).

I live in Boca Raton, and Royal Palm is a good half hour drive on the Turnpike. I am not putting my foot for anything in the future in our neighboring arrogant dealers - Delray Toyota, Coral Springs, Pompano, Maroone, etc. All my family's future buys and dealings will be with Royal Palm Toyota, they deserve my admiration.

Thank you, Royal Palm!

17. tigerpilot

tigerpilot Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi:
    Sure...Royal Palm will sell at MSRP but they tack on a 'dealers fee' of $899.00. What's that all about????
    I know...they say that all dealers do that but I can assure you all dealers DO NOT add these fees and they will still sell at MSRP. A $900 fee plus sales tax is a pretty high percentage of the sales price on a $25,000 vehicle. If the Prius gets twice the mileage as your present car you will have to buy $1900 worth of fuel (520 gallons @ $3.75) just to break even. That's quite a bit of gasoline....

Regards,
    Don
    Naples FL

18. lululawless

lululawless New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: EXCELLENT DEALER - Royal Palm Toyota - Royal Palm Beach Florida

I bought my Seaside Pearl at DELRAY TOYOTA back in March, I got 1100 OFF sticker(600 was a discount already listed on the actual sticker, and I got them to come down another 500), and they tinted the windows for free. I have no problems with them. Richie Silverman was my salesman, great guy.

Also about Tint America, I got my last car done there five years ago. They did a great job, great service too. I went to the one in Boyton Beach.

19. tdpr08

tdpr08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi:

The "dealers' fee" you are referring to was $699.00 and it is typed on the paper (not put by the sales person) and is valid for all cars, except probably they waive it for the slow moving Toyota cars. This was the only fee they had. Considering that my other option was to give 2500$ deposit for 6 months waiting list (Earl Stewards says they do not charge "dealers' fees") when I will get Toyota Prius 2009 whose price will be about $500.00 more expensive, I think this was a very good deal.

20. tdpr08

tdpr08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Re: EXCELLENT DEALER - Royal Palm Toyota - Royal Palm Beach Florida

Yes, of course, I can believe that. Friend of ours bought it too with such discount back in February. These were the good old days before everybody decided they wanted Prius (including me). Now Delray Toyota charges "Market Adjustment Fee" of $4000.00 for Toyota Prius - it's there on the parking lot - if you want it, you can have it - for these extra money. No MSRP discount, no negotiation.