1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner from California

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Xaran, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Xaran

Xaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just got my "new to me" 2010 Prius V from a local dealer over the weekend and in the first 3 day have over 450 miles on it. I traded in a Infiniti G 37s with 90,000 miles on it that was a great performance car but at best I got 21 mpg freeway during my daily 150 mile R/T commute.

I am already loving the savings I have with the Prius, with the G 37 daily gas cost was about $ 24.00 over the first 3 days in the Prius it cost me $ 9.70 a day , savings of $ 14.30 a day and I make that trip 5 -7 times a week! Overall the Technology in the Prius is better than what was in my G37 as well, the radar cruise, nav and bluetooth are better designes=d from what Ive experienced.

A lot of great info on this site, I'm looking forward to reading and learning from the members here!

First mods this week will be:
    1. Tint
    2. Paint the factory 17" wheels black
    3. Weather Tech rear floor mat (ordered from Prius Chat)
    4. Shark Fin Antenna (ordered from Prius Chat)
    5.Windshield Cover (ordered from Prius Chat)

2. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Welcome to Prius Chat!
    There is a lot of info here on subjects you listed, but I would add one more (and do it first) - a LED conversion for all interior lights. This will decrease the chance you finding 12-V battery discharged if you accidentally leave interior light overnight (as I did twice, unloading stuff/kid at night )

- Alex

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride. Great savings on gas!

4. Murnieruth

Murnieruth New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Newbie here in PA
    My 2012 prius is less than a month old. The horn has a mind of its own...one week after I purchased it I was cleaning the dashboard and gently hit the steering wheel area and horn the honked for 10 minutes or more while I tried everything to stop the sound. While driving the the car the horn just started beeping and another time it started beeping after going over a very small bump in the road and each time it takes quite a few frustrated minutes to get it to stop beeping.
    My Prius is coming home today after 24hours at the dealership, there is nothing they can do about the beeping because the can recreate the problems. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how wasbir fixed?

5. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.

6. Xaran

Xaran Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Alex

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you suggest where to buy the LED conversion ?

7. alekska

alekska Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There are several possible sources for LEDs...

1) Ebay/amazon, just search for "LED"+bulb type
    2) Superbrightleds.com - more expensive but better quality; I got mine from them
    3) Search PriusChat for "LED conversion" - there was a message by somebody who bought a whole replacement kit.

You can determine the type of the bulb using online catalogs e.g:

Lamp Replacement Guide Home

Best,
    - Alex

8. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I would highly recommend starting your own thread on the subject. Sounds like a very odd problem.