1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner (HAPPY) :)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bendial80, May 13, 2007.

1. Bendial80

Bendial80 New Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself. Proud new owner of a 2007 White (option 2) prius. Love the car so far except for one thing, when the sun shines directly on the display (which it often does during the day) I can't read it. Other than that, love the car! It's such a joy to drive everytime I get in it...I'm a huge gadget guy and this car is just perfect for me...it's almost like playing a video game driving it seeing how good of gas mileage you get :).

Yesterday sucked though, ran over a piece of metal on the freeway and got a flat...go AAA!

Great forum you have here so thanks for having me!

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, Bendial! Sorry you had to have a problem so soon, but a flat tire can happen to anyone. Did your Tire Pressure Monitoring System warn you too?

PC has a wealth of information, and helpful members. Remember that the Search function, at the top of every page, is your friend.

3. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 13 2007, 04:40 PM) [snapback]441181[/snapback]</div>

Hello Bendial and welcome!!!

I'm so happy for you and your new Prius! Can you post some pics so we can see it? I know what you mean about the monitor. Do a google for "Prius hoods" and there are some coverings you can place over the MFD to help out. Others have used some make-shift items like small cuts of carpeting etc to cover it in direct sunlight.

Get yourself a nice sunshade too in order to protect your dash in direct sunglight. Also, I had a clear bra installed on my front bumper and complete hood. I did so, because when I examined the aerodynamic design of the nose, i knew it would pick up alot of road debris. It doesn't cost much and is, IMHO a very worthwhile investment to keep your baby looking as good as new! Do it now or soon before you get any paint chips. Just my opinion.

Good luck and if you have a question, this is THE place to come for an answer. People are very helpful and friendly here. You are in good company!

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Welcome aboard! I used to be a Bay Area person myself (worked in South Bay, lived in East Bay, until I managed to escape). Could have used a Prius back then (although the Geo Metro I had at the time got almost as good mileage as I'm getting now).

5. Bendial80

Bendial80 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 13 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]441181[/snapback]</div>
    Hi Bill,

Yup it sure did! I got back in my car with my friend and it immediately came on...I was so dissapointed, but hey, it happens, and could have been a lot worse :). So for those who are worried the prius is a delicate car, the piece of metal I ran over bounced up underneath my car and hit a few things, and nothing was damaged..yay

6. kayemarschke2

kayemarschke2 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bendial @ May 13 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]441304[/snapback]</div>
    You can adjust the display for daytime. I did it and can see much better now.

7. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kayemarschke2 @ May 13 2007, 08:35 PM) [snapback]441314[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome. Lots of good info and friendly helpful people here. Enjoy.

8. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    priusFTW, there is a typo in your signature. It should read "VentureShield". There are 2 installers in NJ, neither close to me. Something to consider.

9. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum and the world of efficiency. It gets in your blood. Soon you'll be deaming of a full EV. ;)

Ohh during the day you can turn off your headlights and the MFD is brighter.