1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner here, I brought you something :)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Whu-Sam, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Whu-Sam

Whu-Sam New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey guys, I checked a lot of pages on this forum before I bought my Prius and it was certainly helpful. I bought a used 2006 Prius and it feels good, will work out the kinks as I go along.

So I have a present for the fine people here, I have a few carfax check-ups to spare, let me know if you need to check out your VIN in the next week or so, before my account expires. I expect nothing in return except a thank you and some help later on (lots of questions queuing up in my mind, but all in good time).

Sorry if my offer sounds like a scam, I don't know what mischief I can do with a VIN number anyway. And also, we prius owners practically have a halo above our heads, right? No wrongdoings planned ;)

Have a nice day everyone!

AllenZ likes this.
  2. Whu-Sam

Whu-Sam New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow I did not realize my offer would be nixxed so badly. Ah well.

well time for a question if I may. I just got the oil changed at the dealership (Amman, Jordan) and on the engine cap it says 5W30 oil. The dealership imports the prius so they have the expertise and the parts for it. I noticed on the invoice I got the following item number:
    0888T20W504L which I believe translates into 4 Liters of oil 20W50.

Should I worry about it or put a lid on it and trust they know what they are doing? In their defense it could be that here it's pretty hot (average 90-80 degrees F) so they'd rather use this type of oil instead.

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No its a very nice offer. Its just your in a somewhat less read section and no ones noticed it so far.

As far as trusting the dealer the car requires 5-30 or most people run 0-20 in the States. I run Mobil 1 0-20.
    In extreme heat I would run 10-30 Mobil 1.
    50 weight is way way to heavy and your mileage will ake a big hit not to mention it may be too heavy for the microfine CCT Valve timing assist filter.
    Plus if there like every other dealer we have heard about they probably over filled it by a quart. It must not be over the fill line or that will hammer mileage too. Check that asap.

And its pretty hot here in Florida too. Usually 90-93 midday with 80% humid for months but not sure how much more hotter it is there.