1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner -- How do I identify my Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JonGraham, Oct 29, 2011.

1. JonGraham

JonGraham Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone. Just bought a used 2006 Prius on October 24th. Very excited! Except my wife gets to drive it since it replaced our 12MPG City minivan. The car has 114k on it, but is in excellent condition and the dealer or previous owner put a brand new battery pack in it and the warranty on it transfers to me so I have the warranty until 200k or another 8 years.

I know it's a GenII, but I've listened to the first episode of the podcast and have read some things and found reference to either package numbers or hearing them say Prius 6 or Prius 5. Can anyone help me with what that means? Is it something identified by the VIN?

Thanks, love the threads I've read so far.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and :welcome: to PriusChat!

Yes, we have a thread on that

http://priuschat.com/forums/knowled...andard-optional-equipment-some-countries.html

USA is at the top, scroll down to 2006.

Starting from the top package (NW package or Package #8), you can start crossing off features that you don't have to find the one that you have. For example

#8: Has leather seats (yes/no?)
    #7: Has GPS navigation (yes/no?)
    #6: Has foglights
    #5: Has JBL audio (look for the JBL pin on the door-mounted tweeters) and auto-dimming mirror w/ homelink

Distinguishing #3 and #4 is difficult since the only added feature on a #4 over a #3 is Vehicle Stability Control and the only way that I can think of is to slide the car which I don't recommend unless you know what you're doing.

So anyway, that's just a start. Hopefully that helps!

3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I wouldn't be so sure of that. If the HV battery was replaced, the replacement part has a warranty of 1 year/12K miles or the remainder of the applicable warranty of the car, whichever is longer. I believe this has been stated numerous times here and is the same as other parts from the Toyota parts counter.

4. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, unless you got it IN WRITING that you get the new battery warranty transferred (maybe they have that now?) for x number of miles.

Does it have side airbags? SKS key system? a backup camera?

:welcome: