1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner in Fort Worth, Texas

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Blue Prius Texan, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Blue Prius Texan

Blue Prius Texan Crazy? Nah...just humorous!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I bought my very first Prius last Thursday, December 23, 2010. I am so happy!
    :cheer2:
    Everyone I know discouraged me from buying a Prius, but I don't care what anyone else says about my car (and I have heard a lot of negative things)...I love it!

I got a beautiful blue 2010 Prius III. I named her Blueberry.

Thanks to the awesome information posted at this web site, I did not spend a ton of money on a warranty. I'll buy it later for half the price.

I found some cool license plates frames at cafepress.com and ordered a couple this evening.

1 person likes this.
  2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! Blue was my first color choice, red next. But I am glad I got the pearl.

3. Blue Prius Texan

Blue Prius Texan Crazy? Nah...just humorous!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks, spiderman! They didn't have any blue III's at the dealership. They had to bring it in from out of town. The dealership let me keep it for two days before I bought it. I even took my coworkers out to dinner in it. My colleagues were supportive, but my employees discouraged me in every way. My daughter (21) fell in love with it right away and wants one for herself, but has to finish college first.

Have a happy holiday!
    ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. PabloPrius10

PabloPrius10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I purchased a 2010 on Dec. 20th. Its my second Prius (07). Love em. Don't know anyone with a Prius that has had any problems. Hybrid is still a new concept, so many are still scared. They'll be even more confused when gas hits $4. LOL

Have fun and enjoy!
    Paul

5. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    So how are you finding after 2 weeks?

6. PabloPrius10

PabloPrius10 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Ya, waiting on the warranty works. So have had my 2010 since Dec.20th. Not put many miles on it... and holding 41 MPG is fine in the COLD weather. I like the extra space over the previous 07. The '10 handles better for me as well.

EEEEE HAWWWW!!! Love the Prius![​IMG]

Pablo.............. out!

7. sidewaysup

sidewaysup New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What kind of retard says you shouldn't buy a Prius?

8. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    We are also in South West corner of Fort Worth... and YES gas was up around $4/gallon.

April 2009 we bought 2 white Prius-i . Over the last 2 1/2 years we just filled up when we needed to.

One thing we have done.. is spread sheet our fill up's / prices/ milage, days between fill-ups etc. Not that we are statistic freaks... WE just keep the fill-up records on paper...

LOLLLL CAUSE WE KEEP FORGETING WHEN WE FILLED UP LAST TIME !

9. trishyco

trishyco New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I envy anyone that could just buy this car without the peanut gallery chiming in. My family saw the report that it takes 15 years to make up the savings in gas compared to the price of the car they drove that point into the GRAVE (If that wasn't enough I had a co-worker repeat the question to me here at work...as if I wasn't tired of repeating myself by then). Then once they got past that issue they started in about the price of the batteries. And then finally I got my sister to go test driving the Insight and Civic Hybrid with me the salesman we had said right in front of her "did you know that you will never make up the difference in the price of the car with savings at the pump?". I almost died. He was the SALESMAN. I can't speak to other people's experience but with my family it comes down to three things:
    * new expensive technology (but not more expensive than my parent's Caddy's or my brother's giant orange H2 Hummer)
    * the stench of liberal and green movement that surrounds the car
    * and face it...some people don't believe in this economy we should buy anything made overseas (my parent's actually hold a lot of Ford stock)
    But, I believe and I will always believe that living well is the best revenge. When people see how happy I am in this car and how reliable it is for me then I can be the ambassador for the Prius. :cheer2:

10. sidewaysup

sidewaysup New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't see how a Prius costs anymore than any other comparable car, especially when you factor in maintenance costs & resale value, if you compare those things a Prius is a far better value than any American made car.
    When I bought mine I was driving much more and the gas savings paid for half my car payment.
    When it comes down to it car dealers & even manufacturers really don't want to sell hybrids because they simply don't make near the profit they do off of a truck.
    My favorite things about a Prius- 45mpg no matter what, and I like the fact that it has no economic status attached- you could be a billionaire driving one, or anyone.

11. trishyco

trishyco New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I agree about the billionaire thing. I went to the Dreamworks SKG campus in Glendale, CA over the summer to visit a friend at work and there was Jeffrey Katzenberg's Prius sitting right there in the middle of things. Apparently, he has a Leaf too.

12. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome:
    Welcome Aboard!!!

13. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PriusChat .

I remember the excitement waiting for my 2007 Prius to come in. Every since than I remain excited with all the features of this wonderful car. But Best Of All The Gas Savings, I have been getting 56 MPG for the last 4 years.

I hope you enjoy your new baby as much as I do mine.