1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner in Indiana

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by priuscritter, Aug 22, 2010.

1. priuscritter

priuscritter I am the Stig.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello, I'm new here. I've posted a couple of things already but never did post my introduction post, so I figured I should take care of that.

I bought my first hybrid about 10 days ago. I have had several vehicles over the years, but most recently I had a 2008 Mustang and a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. A couple years ago, I took a job with a 75 mile round trip commute, and in an effort to keep the Mustang as pristine as possible, the Jeep became my daily driver. Needless to say, 15mpg has been quite a jolt to my wallet. Then the 2011 GT mustang came out with 112 more hp than my nice low mileage like-new 08. The fuel situation plus the tarnish on the Mustang's horsepower pretty much moved me in the direction of trading it off. Thankfully I had not done really anything in the way of modifications yet. So I made the decision to go with a hybrid, because if I was going to make a move to save money, I might as well go big. I investigated the Insight, but since the mpg was much lower than the Prius, there was really no point in going that route. That also ruled out the Fusion Hybrid even though I like Ford. The Prius pretty much stands above the hybrid crowd.

So I shopped around a couple of Toyota dealers (not many to choose from in my area) and found my Blue Ribbon/Bisque Prius III. I decided this was plenty for me. I have had leather seats on several cars, and while I enjoyed them, it's not something I miss. I also think factory navigation is wayyyyy overpriced and have never included that in a car purchase. While some of the other goodies like the solar sunroof and backup camera would have been nice, I just wanted simple comfortable transportation. So the III was a good balance. I really have enjoyed the car so far. I was impressed with the power setting as I was able to pull out in front of people in heavy traffic yesterday in Indianapolis. I also find it quite comfortable and easy to drive. I love getting my steering wheel controls back that I did not have on the Mustang. Below are pictures of my Prius and my Jeep, and the Mustang. I'm sure I'll have another muscle car in the future because I'm just nostalgic like that. But I'm also glad that the Jeep can go back to it's status as the weekend fun ride.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats! I hope you enjoy it.

Welcome to Priuschat. :welcome:

3. spiderman