1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner in northern NJ

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NJ Dave, Jan 16, 2005.

1. NJ Dave

NJ Dave New Member

Greetings fellow PriusChatters;

picked up my new Seaside BI Prius Saturday and drove around on some errands after reading as much of the manual as I could stand.

Enjoyed the ride and performance is fine for what I need. Looking forward to many years of happy driving and fuel savings!

In order to evangelize better, I'd like to find book or online references to better understand how the '05 model works, so I can explain it better when folks ask. I've seen the John and Graham websites suggested earlier and absorbed what I can from them.

I obtained the machine within 3 weeks of deposit, but had to be kind of pushy with the dealership to help them think creatively.

Thanks for any tips and see you on the road!

(the pic was taken next to the Hudson river with Manhattan in the background)

Dave.

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats Dave. That's a nice pic by the way. If you ever get over to the Pocono's and wanna meet another Prius owner, let me know

3. bookrats

bookrats New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NJ Dave\";p=\"64013)</div>
    John and Graham's sites are two of the best; but when wanting something to hand out to folks as a primer, I've often pointed folks to howthingswork.com's How Hybrid Cars Work.

Not Prius-onky, but has an excellent explanation of how many of the specific parts of the Prius; the section on the Power Split device is particularly good.

Hope that helps.

4. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats Dave,
    Do you mine tell me which dealer did you bought your Prius?

5. NJ Dave

NJ Dave New Member

Paprius; Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if we head over that way!

Bookrats; thanks for the url. From Graham's site I have the essence of it but he is rather technical, so I'll check out the link.

Speedracer; hopefully it's not a breach of policy to say in the boards but it was the dealer in Englewood Cliffs.

I've learned a lot from this forum both pre and post-buy and hope to stay in touch and continue!

dave.

6. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks NJDave,
    Ill stop by them, when I return to NYC in March