1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner is Texas

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by billfold, Mar 31, 2008.

1. billfold

billfold New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi. My name is Bill, 28, married with two one month old twins. I do some IT work full time, and am currently serving in the Texas Army National Guard about to start Officer Candidate School.

My Prius is now a little over a week old, and I've already put over 800 on it. I love the way it drives, and just the overall feel of it all. I have been trolling around on this site for a while, and read up on the "glide" and other driving techniques. This is a big change, since I am coming from a 2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula. I miss the power, but where I am at in life now, the Prius is a much better fit. This will really save me money while I make the 255 mile drive to Austin one weekend a month for OCS training. Just wanted to introduce myself, and I look forward to learning a lot about this vehicle.

Bill

2. pewd

pewd Clarinet Dude

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    i'm going to bump another missed one...

welcome to the forum
    we seem to have a huge number of new members lately - presumabably the high gas prices are causing this... with so many new members posting, some get missed, and you don't get properly welcomed to the forum.

anyways, howdy; enjoy your new wheels.

3. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    welcome to the site, you will find that nearly everyone is always helpful with a wide variety of issues.

4. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    yea, welcome to the "Family", and thanks very much for your Service.

I went from a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme International with the DOHC 3.1 L V6 to a 2002 Prius package 3 with all the bells and whistles. From a car I could test drive off the Show Room Floor to one I had to wait 6 months to even see, let a lone test drive. I now have a 2004 pkg 3. :cool:

So, I know what you mean about loss in "Power".. But, I went from 28 MPH at 70 to 44 MPH, had NAV :) AND a much better "CRASH" rating..

Enjoy the car..