1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner Packing a Full Drumset...NICE

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by drummerkev, May 25, 2008.

1. drummerkev

drummerkev New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am lovin' it. I got my 2008 Prius, Magnetic Grey Package 2, last week. I am a professional drummer/musician and I carry my gear when I am not touring. Needless to say a full road ready drum-set is not light nor is it small in it's cases. It fits with no problem. I can actually still see out my rear view mirror which is surprising. My wife and I also have a Honda CRV that we love. We traded in a Chevy Blazer that I used for my gigs and traveling. I already hit the 1,000 mile mark on the Prius. I generally drive 30 to 35,000 miles per year so this is the car for me.

I have been averaging 48.3 mpg which surprised me with the added gear weight and not having the break in period yet. I am so happy....what a fun car to drive as well as safe. Thanks for all the info from this site and all the Prius stories. Stop out and say "hi" if I am playing near you. My schedule and bio are on my site at MySpace.com - Kevin Soffera - EASTON, Pennsylvania - Big Beat / Big Beat / Big Beat - www.myspace.com/kevinsoffera

I should try and get an endorsement from Toyota to show what this car can do for a musician. The companies that I endorse for my career appreciate the advertisement I provide them......hmmm, a Prius endorsement, NICE!!!!
    Be well, Kev

2. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Kev. Down here in Delaware County, my friend Chris Tolomeo hauls his drums around in a Prius. He loves it. Fortunately, I play trumpet so I "only" have to carry a few bags to each gig. I also get a grey Package 2 yesterday.

3. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey Kev,

Glad the Prius works for ya so well. It's really nice to start getting some better gas mileage with all that travelling you do.
    An endorsement would be cool. Have someone tape you putting your stuff in and getting it out, until the scene just flows well. Never know who might see it.

ZC1