1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner saying Hello

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by searat, Oct 24, 2013.

1. searat

searat New Member

Aberdulais, Neath Port Talbot, United Kingdom
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, just bought my first hybrid, a 2012 Prius T-Spirit (not sure US equivalent version, it's the top-spec one in the UK). It's just under a year old, I'm looking forward to learning all the new features - a very different car to the Yaris diesel I've driven the last 6 years. I especially love the HUD - all cars should have them.
    Best wishes,
    Steve
    Neath Valley, South Wales UK

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard Steve and enjoy the ride!

3. Alan Claver

Alan Claver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You sure it's not just a 'normal' Prius? The T-Spirit is the top end version (t3, t4 and t-spirit because Volvo have rights on the t5).

The HUD is the favourite thing I like about my car too. It's a logical place to have the speed displayed, though I do find myself not looking for the speedo when in other cars as I almost assume it'll be projected (ok reflected) in front of me.

Hope you're enjoying the car. They're nice and smooth and with the 2012 you'll have the better warranty. One thing to watch is that the dealers use the correct 0w20 oil. If they do, you'll get 75+mpg at a steady 50 mph on the flat. If they don't, you'll struggle to get over 60 mpg.

(quick point for this forum - the US gallon is smaller than ours - 3.7 litres compared to 4.5 - so if you see them getting excited about 40 mpg, it's actually about 5o mpg UK)