1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New prius owner Update pics here!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Katebell1977, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ok i was put on a budget so i had to get a package 2 because i told my husband package one was not an option for me.

Its Green! dark gray interior and its getting noticed everywhere i go! I could sell the car by the attention its getting and people are asking me about it. way cool!

I want to get sirius on it though because my husband forgot to ask about adding it. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I have sirius on my gas hog suv Dodge durango with a hemi! but i love my radio in my suv. i am not thrilled with touching my ipod while driving its on my lap.

I take it to the dealer tuesday for leather. and then the sales people said they would "take care of me for the sirius" whatever that means. My husband is a ferrari/maserati mechanic at the dealer so he knows about warranty stuff.

anyway i am now trying to figure out the technical handbook stuff. i am confused with some of it.

but i love it so far and i have a lead foot though. hopefully i can understand more on how to save gas

thought i would introduce myself

kate 30 yrs old two kids son is 2 and daughter is 9.

husband is jason who thinks he can borrow my car haha NOT!

2. JustDrooling4Now

JustDrooling4Now New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KateBell1977 @ Sep 2 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]505913[/snapback]</div>

Congrats on the new car. I just got mine yesterday. I already have people shaking their fist at how slow I am going. :) Lol
    I am trying to get the best milage I can.

3. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    CONGRATS TO YOU BOTH. I'm only 4 months in, already 7500 miles, can't say enough about mine,

Don't forget we have a los angeles Prii gathering on the 29th of Sept, log onto www.clupofprii.rshepherd.net for more information on the event, it's free! or just email me at [email protected]

Green' on!

4. brad34695

brad34695 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

5. cubbyg

cubbyg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome to the PRII family. Enjoy your little green machine.

Take a look at this site, it will help you with driving. It is very informative. I always keep 44lbs in front tires and 40lbs in the rear, helps with the coasting mileage..

http://www.hybridcars.com/gas-saving-tips/...yota-prius.html

But most of all have FUN.....

6. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    oh I totally joined that meetup group even though i am in the OC i can drive now that i have the good gas car :)

LOL Brad i didnt mean it that way. Package ones are nice i just needed more options for me personally. I almost got a package one with leather its nice.

Thanks for the link on fuel economy! I have a lead foot so my mpg is ok but i want better. dh figured out how to get the engine to go to electric because everytime we go from the light, the gas engine is on. all in all it will be a learning experience for a couple months.

OMG i have people getting mad at me at lights too. I just laugh at the people in suvs that are impatient but i get mad when they make a point to go around me and then they just get in front of me and go slower grrrrrr

i suprise some when i go back around them though i think people assume our prius' can only go 35 or something i see the mouths drop down like huh? my son loves the car because he can climb into the seat but he wants to drive it hes 2 so he has a long way to go. dh said our 9 yr old daughter will never get a hybrid because she can sneak out or back in if shes late. i never thought of that but its true its too quiet haha

7. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KateBell1977 @ Sep 4 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]506967[/snapback]</div>

Kate, hopefully you can make it, we are hoping to beat our last number of 12 cars. Thanks for joining, stay posted and see you soon. mj

8. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I totally forgot to mention the dealer gave me a coupon book for 300 bucks of stuff parts or service from the dealer how nice are they? ia m so not paying for oil changes :D as if i ever did before since hubby is a mechanic i do for my durango because its a hemi engine and the oil at his work isnt the right weight for my hemi so its a wash to buy the filter and oil so i just let them change it.

9. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ok i got my leather installed! it looks fabulous! everywhere that had cloth is now gray leather so pretty! the door panels, the center console thingy, the seats of course, and even the back of the seat where it had plastic on the back, its all leather no plastic even th pockets! i remember the seat back being plastic with the cloth over the pocket or something like that and its all pretty leather! check audio and electronics for my update on ipod and sirius installs.

10. Sonny Jim

Sonny Jim New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KateBell1977 @ Sep 8 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]509037[/snapback]</div>
    How about posting some pics? :)

11. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    hey kate, welcome to PC & Congrats on the car!!! you'll love it! Love to see pics!

12. mjms2b

mjms2b MJ Green

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KateBell1977 @ Sep 8 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]509037[/snapback]</div>

:( I'M VERY JEALOUS.

13. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    ok i will get hubby to take pics of it tomorrow during the day i will bug him to wash my baby at his work. i have pics of the radio to post but hubby has to email them to me from hsi computer as i am on my laptop.

14. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :D

sorry the pics arent the greatest but its super bright out today! it was too hot. gee where does my hubby work?

15. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :D

sorry the pics arent the greatest but its super bright out today! it was too hot. gee where does my hubby work?

16. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KateBell1977 @ Sep 2 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]505913[/snapback]</div>

Tell him to buy his own..he he...

Congrats on the car. It's a love affair...sort of.

17. patrickindallas

patrickindallas Shire rat

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Tell him to buy his own..he he...

Congrats on the car. It's a love affair...sort of.

18. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

haha, Maserati now sells Priuses?! I'm actually not surprised. The Prius is still regarded as "exotic."

19. PriusOwner004

PriusOwner004 New Member

haha, Maserati now sells Priuses?! I'm actually not surprised. The Prius is still regarded as "exotic."

20. Katebell1977

Katebell1977 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    haha i bought it at toyota hb but hubby works for ferrari and maserati so the porters added the plate and frame when they washed it