1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner- Voice recognition question?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Gaelyn37, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Gaelyn37

Gaelyn37 Gaelyn

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I am a new 2007 Prius, Package #3 owner. I have no problem getting the voice recognition to work using my Bluetoothed cell phone. In the user's guide I downloaded, it gives commands to use for controlling the audio and air conditioning. I have not been able to activate the voice recognition for either of those functions. What have I missed?

Thanks for your guidance.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm not sure what you downloaded, or from where, but the manuals that come with the car suggest things like saying "Seventy-Two Degrees" and the car adjusting the cabin temperature to match your request. Can you be more specific?

Welcome to PriusChat!

3. Tom_06

Tom_06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gaelyn @ Mar 4 2007, 07:36 PM) [snapback]400054[/snapback]</div>
    Navigation. At least with the 2006 models you only got voice for the non-phone stuff if you got the Navigation system. I doubt it is different for 2007.

- Tom

4. elzire

elzire New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Mar 5 2007, 06:47 AM) [snapback]400229[/snapback]</div>
    Here's what it says for package #3... only mentions hands-free for the phone...that's it

Package #3 -- includes Smart Key System [2], backup camera [3], Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [4], anti-theft system and auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® [5] universal transceiver, and JBL® AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer with nine speakers in seven locations, auxiliary audio jack, MP3/WMA playback capability, satellite radio capability [6] and hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth® [7] wireless technology

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom_06 @ Mar 5 2007, 06:47 AM) [snapback]400229[/snapback]</div>
    Here's what it says for package #3... only mentions hands-free for the phone...that's it. Read the manual you got with your car. The one you downloaded most likely wasn't for your 07 pkg#3

Package #3 -- includes Smart Key System [2], backup camera [3], Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [4], anti-theft system and auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink® [5] universal transceiver, and JBL® AM/FM 6-disc in-dash CD changer with nine speakers in seven locations, auxiliary audio jack, MP3/WMA playback capability, satellite radio capability [6] and hands-free phone capability via Bluetooth® [7] wireless technology

5. ari14850

ari14850 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have an 07 package 3 also and am having this problem.

The voice recognition seems to work for phone related stuff (I don't have the nav package)

ie: I hold down the thing on the steering wheel with the mouth talking for a second

it then asks me to hold it down again

then it says "say a number" and I say somethine like "273-1212" and then it shows the # on the MFS and dials it!

(Interestingly enough, it didn't do this until I had added some "voice tags" to my address book - but the tags are names, not numbers - so I don't see how they are related)

to explain...

in the address book, there is the feature to add a "voice tag" to your phone book entries.

edit an entry, and hit one of the up or down arrows on the left hand side, it will come up with the voice tag screen.( I had initially thought those arrows were to scroll thru entries.)

I thought this was so you could record your voice saying something like "home" and then say "home" to dial that entry, but I can't get this part to work, and the manual doesn't seem to offer any guidance.

any ideas?

6. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The commands other than phone commands don't work unless you have the nav. system. To call using the voice tags, you must first say "Dial By Name" to change dialing mode.

7. ari14850

ari14850 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    so you think the "phone commands" will work then? So does anyone have any idea where to find a list of voice commands that relate to using the phone?

Also, When would I say "dial by name"? After the first or second button push?

thanks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RBW111 @ Mar 6 2007, 12:39 PM) [snapback]400954[/snapback]</div>