1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New prius owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by lodk, Feb 13, 2012.

1. lodk

lodk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong area, I am a proud owner of a 2009 Prius all be it a used one, 54k its still new to me :D. Anyway the reason I am posting here is a have a few questions that I cant seem to have answered in the places I have looked on this forum.
    Let me start with the biggest one on my mind. I have the BT and it connects to my Samsung galaxy S2 very nice a option I just love BTW but I do not have the nav system in it. anyway I also hooked it up to the AUX input jack in the center console just fine and it plays my music very nice and clear. now I know my galaxy plays video I would like to have something show up while listening to my music over the phone instead of just the title of what source I am on I also have visualization on my phone that will play to the music :cool: and I just wondered if the AUX jack supports video and if so can I just go from usb out of my phone (due to knowing my 3.5 jack on the galaxy don't support video) to the 3.5mm AUX input and get video out of it. and with that said it leads to the next question.
    if I cant then would this lockpick I have been hearing about be the way to go. I would like to get to the point where my HUD (heads up display) would control my phone while I keep it in the center console. this would be very nice as it would stop me from having wires hanging out and a separate holder for the phone.
    anyway thanks in advance for any input you can give me on this matter.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Can't answer your questions but welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    :welcome: sorry, no idea.

4. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    3.5mm is audio only, you can buy a dock for around $200 to hook an ipod up but i doubt you would get any video, the only benefit would be the ability to charge via usb cable (instead of using a separate cord and one of the 2 12V ports) and the ability to control songs via steering wheel buttons.

most phones don't like being hooked up to a 3.5mm music jack while on a bluetooth call (I get weird echo noises), you can experiment with it, but I always unplug the 3.5mm jack when making or receiving a call.