1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Lordkifar, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Lordkifar

Lordkifar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone, so I finally traded in the old Gas guzzler and bought myself a Prius a couple of weeks ago. I came across the PriusChat Forums searching about the car before buying it and have been hooked on it ever since so no more lurking :)

I am in Montreal, Canada. I had a 2003 Nissan Maxima 3.5L SE which was extremely fun but at 12-15 L/100 km (16-20 mpg) and the rising cost of gas, I just couldn't do it anymore. So I sold it and got my self a 2012 Prius liftback (base Prius model).

Love the car and love the fuel economy...never paid so little in gas for so much mileage. I averaged 4.6L /100 km in the first 2 weeks over 700 km driven and I am hoping to improve even more as I learn how to drive the car to get the most out of it.

Looking forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Cheers.

Toni Parker likes this.
  2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PriusChat .

I remember the excitement waiting for my 2007 Prius to come in. Every since than I remain excited with all the features of this wonderful car. But Best Of All The Gas Savings, I have been getting 56 MPG for the last 5 years.

I hope you enjoy your new baby as much as I do mine.

3. Lordkifar

Lordkifar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thx....I am enjoying thoroughly and was surprised how well equipped it came for the base model. All I can say is the money saved on gas can go towards buying goodies for my car :)

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride, eh.

5. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I use the money saved to take an extra weeks vacation each year. The family loves it!!

Toni Parker likes this.