1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mryder66, May 7, 2014.

1. mryder66

mryder66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    After owning a 2004 Prius for ten years I bought a new Gen III this week. We now have two prii. I love the new one so far. It seems to drive far nicer than the 2004, although no major trips have yet been attempted. A couple of things I miss in the new car are: a shelf in the arm rest console, some sort of lining in the glove box, and a mat for the cargo area. Our 2004 is fully loaded whereas the new guy is a 3. I was worried about the JBL vs non JBL stereo, but I think the new car stereo is actually better than the old JBL. I very much like the Entune system. All in all very happy thus far

2. cipsaz187

cipsaz187 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    My gf has the gen 2, and I have the III, and noticed the following differences..

1. Arm rest console is very short in the Gen III and terribly designed and occasionally I put my elbow in the cup holder.

2. The JBL sound system is better in the gen 2.

3. Roger T

Roger T Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!! Enjoy your new vehicle.

I have a Two so I don't have the Nav & Entune system.

4. Horsefeathers

Horsefeathers Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I still don't really know the difference between the Prius packages and still am not even really sure what I have. It has the touch screen, but no navigation system (because I'm apparently the last person on earth who prefers a good old fashioned Rand McNally), and I don't even know what Entune is, so I reckon it doesn't have that. It didn't even come with a rear camera, but the dealer added one, so boom, back-up camera. So is that package 2? Or Two? Or II?

Anyway, congratulations on the new ride. I hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed mine (even if I still don't even really know what package it is).

5. stephensprius

stephensprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    congrats! any pics?

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    a founding member with 2 posts, could be a record! :cool: all the best.(y)

hybridbear likes this.
  7. mryder66

mryder66 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Founding member? I guess I joined when we bought the II way back in the olden days. Two posts is pretty impressive. I wonder what the other one was about.

Here are some pics:

Horsefeathers: I'm not sure what you have either. It sounds like a 2 package, but I thought they all came with the backup camera...

Attached Files: