1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by belkyrnn, Mar 15, 2016.

1. belkyrnn

belkyrnn New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello all! For years, I wanted to own Prius but my car was still running good and I'm type of guy who will use same car until it died or repair cost too high for its life. Latter happened to my trusty 2001 Honda Accord with 285k miles on it. So, I decided time to get Used Prius and looked around for while. Yesterday, test drive two Prius, one 2012 and other 2010 and decided went with 2010 and so far loving it!

I'm sure that I'll have couples questions and will scourge forums for tips and such.

To start off with my first question, I want to track my MPG and noticed couples member here use Fuelly but rating on it on iOS store is really low, like 1 or 2 stars with bad reviews. However, when I search for Fuelly on App Store, the new result show Road Trip which have 5 stars with great reviews and cost 6.99. Is it worth it or Fuelly is good that review don't show?

Thanks!

Jon Senum and ozmatt like this.
  2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I use fully just to track mileage and it seems to work just fine for that and free is a good price for the service.

3. marlinsmobile

marlinsmobile Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I use Fuelly, too, and it meets my needs pretty well for free. I don't use the Fuelly Fuel Tracker+ app, though. I just use my phone's browser. The app was slow and buggy for me.

I reset Trip A at each fill-up, so I enter the mpg value from the car display into the Notes section on Fuelly for reference. So far for me, the mpg shown on the display is usually 4-5 mpg higher than calculated.

Jon Senum likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

5. Coast Cruiser

Coast Cruiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'm "old school." I have a small notepad and pen in the glove box. I'll write down my MPGs for a few months or so, until I get bored with it. o_O Are Prius owners supposed to keep a close eye on their gas mileage or something??? I know it'll get somewhere between 40 to 60. Good enough.

And yes, the dashboard display overstates the MPG by 4 or 5. Do your calculations by hand.

586 miles driven, divided by 10.3 gallons filled, equals 56.8 MPG. That's what I got.
    Does anybody CARE?! :ROFLMAO:

(I don't believe those people who claim they're getting 75 MPG. They must never drive over 30 mph!
    Sure, my dashboard said I was getting 83 once... but I only drove about 4 miles!)

#5 Coast Cruiser, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016