1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by n8pra, Aug 20, 2006.

1. n8pra

n8pra New Member

I just got my new package 7 Seaside Pearl Prius with Bisque interior last Tuesday. I have been reading the forums for awhile and I must say they are a great resource. I want to thank everyone for that.

I have been really enjoying the car but still trying to figure out how to get the best millage possible out of it given my commute. The first couple hundred miles have averaged 41 MPG which I don't think is too bad, but I would like to get it to 50.

I had some bad experience with my first dealer (Serra Toyota in Farmington Hills). I canceled my order and found another dealer close by that actually had just got one in stock (I was lucky). The new dealer has been great (Victory Toyota in Plymouth Mi).

I got an EV switch and the Toyota XM kit and am going to install them over Labor day weekend. I will let you know how it goes. The XM install looks like it is going to be a job.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  3. marjam

marjam Member

Congratulations and enjoy doing your mods over the holiday! :D

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations on your new car! I'm sure the mods will be easy if you don't rush. It's sort of amazing how the interior is just held in by clips and how easy it is to get to things. Lots of good directions on here in the Audio forum, many with pictures.

Also, your milage will improve with time; you'll learn how to drive better (read Evan's article a third time) and the car will break in after a few thousand miles.

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congatulations on the new Prius!!

Hope the XM install goes well. I felt very intimidated by the lengthy install instructions and balked. I ended up paying a local alarm/audio installation guy (who happens to do installations for several local Toyota dealers) to come to me and do the installation in ~30 minutes for $150 I believe it cost? It was worth not having to deal with the potential headache of doing it myself, seeing as I'm not exactly handy LOL. And I knew it would be done correctly...who knows how I would have managed to screw it up! :)