1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mysticpt, Sep 29, 2007.

1. mysticpt

mysticpt New Member

I just picked up my 2008 Prius on Wednesday. I am in Canada so the model is slightly different than in the US, but the manual seems to be for North America. In the manual it says "the temperature for the driver and passenger seats can be set separately", but then no explanation of how to do this? Can it really be done, or is something lost in translation?

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mysticpt @ Sep 29 2007, 09:38 AM) [snapback]518983[/snapback]</div>
    As far as I know there are no heated seats. I have an 07 and no heated seats.....

3. mysticpt

mysticpt New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NYPrius1 @ Sep 29 2007, 09:16 AM) [snapback]518994[/snapback]</div>

It's not the actual seats the manual is referring to, it's the AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM, where it explains how to set the interior temperature.

4. uneik3

uneik3 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just bought a 2008 package 6 and was wondering the same thing. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Toyota trying to figure it out, they looked up my VIN, and found out it wasn't an available feature on my car. I was a little confused because pkg# 6 is the best one available in Florida, but turns out that different states have different packages with different features. She said that line was an error on the manual.

5. ksstathead

ksstathead Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    'seats' should be 'sides' i.e. driver side or passenger side of the interior air space.

6. Rockville1

Rockville1 Silver Pine Mica

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I also have a Pkg 6 and it does not have dual climate control (which I thought was a standard features on cars these days).

The lack of heated seats is more disappointing than dual climate control though.

7. Qlara

Qlara New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I read the same line in the Prius manual too, but no dual-climate control in reality.

Pkg 6 only adds Leather interior but no heated butt seats, which I thought was a standard feature on cars with leather these days too.....let alone Power front seats.