1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by jacobtheman, Dec 27, 2008.

1. jacobtheman

jacobtheman New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Hi everyone!

I just got a 2001 Prius last week and I've gotta say, it was a very good investment. For 6 grand I'm getting amazing mileage and definitely the best car I've owned yet, even with the ton of use/age it's gone through.

I'm seriously thinking of staying with hybrids!

Just found this forum through google, seems like a very informational place. I'm probably going to be doing lots of research through here, especially on customization and audio stuff.

Greetings from the San Fernando Valley (LA county), California!

-Jacob

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat. It's a good group of people.

Tom

3. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Congrats on the new car, Jacob. How many miles is your '01? I really love these cars. With the low price of gasoline, it only takes $10.00 bucks to fill up my tank.

4. jacobtheman

jacobtheman New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Thanks! It has 170,000 miles, and I'm impressed at how well it works with that much use. It would be nice if there was some way of upgrading to an aftermarket audio system though, but after looking around here there I've found some small alternatives, like the radio aux imput. So it doesn't seem to bad. :) And the gas efficiency is amazing!

5. bobofky

bobofky Member

Congratulations.

My 2001 has 190K+ miles. Service at 5,000 miles interval consists of rotating tires and changing oil. Occasionally replace the cabin filter. New brake pads at 185,000. At 120,000 service called for replacing coolant for engine and inverter. Only weak spot is tire wear. Be sure to keep tires properly inflated and wheels aligned.

6. Santiago

Santiago New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Congrats and as your learn how to hypermile, you will be more amazed at the gas mileage.:welcome: