1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by questionfear, Jun 7, 2009.

1. questionfear

questionfear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I bought my Prius Thursday night! :rockon: I am proud of her for a few reasons:

1) She's a 2008 Touring Edition in that light green/pistachio color (exactly the color I wanted), in package 3 (with bluetooth calling! A feature I thought was outside my budget!)
    2) I got a great deal because she was the dealership's "loaner car" and only had 3300 miles on her.
    3) This was my first time buying a car I was picking out for myself (as opposed to my first car, which was parentally selected, and my second car, which was gifted to me by my grandma when she stopped driving).
    4) The dealership I used was beyond awesome! I told them I wanted a Prius, I told them what down payment I had and how much I could afford in monthly payments, and they did everything they could between dropping the price of the car to raising how much they were giving me for my car to get it almost exactly to my budget...it came in right on the high end, but they were very flexible about negotiating. I think I got lucky because I walked in right before they were gearing up for the 2010's, and they HAD to move the older Priuses off the lot.

I test drove a Honda Insight before I drove the Prius, and the difference was night and day. For me, the Insight was too cramped, felt too finicky on stopping and going, and just didn't "click". From the second I sat in the driver's seat of the Prius for the test drive I knew I wanted it. Style alone had me sold!

I am glad I found this forum, searching around here has answered several questions...especially the MPG explanation! I was doing so well after driving to and from work Friday and running errands Saturday, and it seemed like a few quick trips this morning were bringing me down. I feel better understanding that, and I am glad to have bought a car with a community behind it that has so much knowledge and passion!

2. Blauer Glimmer

Blauer Glimmer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: and congratulations on the great deal on an outstanding car! You're definitely in the right place to get all your questions answered.

Enjoy!

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PC!! Sound like a good deal.
    You Will Find Lots Of Good Stuff here.
    And Remember To Share Your Experiences!!

4. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Also Your Color Is Called Silver Pine Mica.
    Light green/pistachio Really?? LOL

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I could see that.... Which is why Salsa Red rules ALL! :p

Congrats on the new car questionfear! You'll love it and the information on these forums will keep you well informed. :)

6. questionfear

questionfear Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well it was the closest descriptor I could come up with...and Silver Pine Mica is not an intuitive name! Even the sales guy didn't know the exact name (he had me test drive a red Prius and told me the other option was one in "the color of the meter on the display". My girlfriend said it was a pistachio color, so I went with that!)

I already feel more well informed thanks to these forums! Good stuff!

7. marktoyota

marktoyota New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hey, welcome to this forum and also congratulations.....

8. olive grn

olive grn New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Fourth day driver in my silver,silver 2009 pkg 5. The "pips " finally moved; one at 165 miles, and again at 200. My salesman assured me that even if it goes to one bar I'll be ok but I doubt I'll risk it. I'm averaging 55 miles a gallon and am intrigued to know how far I could push it. My owner's guide mentions snow tires and chains. I live in MA, almost on NH border. I wasn't planning on another set of tires- any veteran advice?
    Thanks-

9. gremlinperson

gremlinperson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Questionfear. I will soon have a pistachio, too! Or is it a mint julep? Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow and I am so excited.
    Happy driving!