1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius owner

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by CinciPrius, Apr 26, 2005.

1. CinciPrius

CinciPrius Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    After lurking here for several months, I'm now the proud owner of a Salsa Red #3. Picked it up in Louisville this afternoon and drove it back to Cincinnati, getting 46 MPG in 50 degree weather and rain.

Gotta put in a quick plug - anyone in the Louisville area that's looking for one - check with Jim McAfee at Green Tree Toyota http://greentreetoyota.wyler.com/ - He walked me through a *great* buying experience.

Alan

2. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Alan, welcome to the club. For making such a wise decision I award you 20 points. Keep posting here and as time goes on let us know if you have any comments, questions, etc
    Gary

3. bracket12

bracket12 New Member

It was just 3 weeks ago today that hubby and I went down to the local Toyota dealership 'Just to take a test drive'. After hearing about the long waits to get a Pruis, I figured we had some time to think over the purchase. We were surprised to find that they had one on the lot, we could take it home that day! After about maybe 30 seconds of debate, we said "yes" and are now the proud owners of 'Black Beauty'. She has package 3, and we just got window tinting done this week. To the dealerships credit, we paid MSRP, no more.

Every day now, I log on to Pruischat to see what new things I can learn about my new Prius. :mrgreen:

Carol

4. Rowan

Rowan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I too just got my new Pruis yesterday. I went into the dealer and asked for a white or black #6 and wanted to know the wait. Well it just so happened that they had a black one on the lot. They first told me it would be 4000 over MSRP but I told them that those days are over. Maybe back in January they could get away with it but not now so they removed the 4000. I was very surprised, I was expecting to be placed on a waiting list but ended up getting my new Prius the same day. I am very happy :mrgreen:

5. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Carol and Rowan, great and happy for you. Those single digit points look so lonely so here are a few.
    Gary

6. bracket12

bracket12 New Member

As a new owner (3 weeks now) I am still being surprised by features on my Prius that I didn't know about. Example, today I learned that the driver's window has an automatic up mode. Yesterday, it was that I can carry 8ft 2X4's if I wanted to. I'm just now learning how to use the Auto A/C. I still remember the excitement on that first day, discovering the little drawer storage space below the front cup holders.

I'm curious to know what other new owner's are discovering.
    BTW, reading posts on Priuschat has been a great source of information.

Carol :idea:

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bracket12\";p=\"85072)</div>
    Those of us who bothered to read the Owner's Manual are experiencing very few surprises.

8. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Only lawyers can hoist in everything in the first reading. How boring! Have you mastered the tax code as well?
    :lol: