1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ScottY, May 25, 2005.

1. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey everybody,

I just purchased a Prius at Brooklyn's Bayridge Toyota. I test drove it any everything. I paid MSRP for package #3. I will love to get package #6, but doesn't fit into my budget and have to wait for that. They also have a free VIP service for their customers. Where they can save 10% from maintainance the 1st yr, 20% 2nd yr. I think the most they give is 25% off after 3rd year. Not 100% sure on the figures. But they are honest and professional people.

I went to another dealer called Hudson Toyota, they tried to charge me $3500 over the MSRP. I told them strange, I will not pay that price. Later on they drop that $3500, and being very pushy. So I just walk away from that deal. And they didn't have any services like Bayridge does.

I will pick up my silver Prius next Monday. I am will be a happy Prius owner like alot of you guys are. I am proud to make right decision. And I want to thank everybody on this forum that provide me feedbacks on my previous posts to help me make my decision. Many thanks to all of you!

Scott

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As Fat Albert would say... "Hey, Hey, Hey!"

Congrats!

3. paul16451

paul16451 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    congratulations! If you want to add a NAV system later, I put up a post here a while back and got some great recommendations for good ones!

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:6700bfcb08]Congratulations, Scott. I know you'll love your car when you get it. Let us know what your NYC milage is like.[/font:6700bfcb08]

5. PaPrius

PaPrius Member

Welcome to the club. You won't regret your decision. In fact, you may find yourself wondering what took you so long to make your decision. After nearly a month of owning a Prius, I still get a driving experience unlike anything I've previously encountered each time I drive my amazing machine. I even enjoy driving it on short trips, though I do hate to see the hit that such trips put on my MPG.

I'm surprised that Priuses haven't been a bigger hit in NYC. They are, IMHO, ideal for NYC.

Congratulations!

6. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats!
    You will get so used to your car "sensing" you and unlocking that now you will want your house to do the same- grin...

7. HybriDave

HybriDave New Member

I just picked up my Silver Prius on Monday... I've had it less than 72 hours. I find that I can't wait to get up in the morning and drive the 30 miles to work... the only problem is, I want to turn right around and drive it back home!

Congrats on your new purchase...

8. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Congrats!

Great feeling ain't it? :mrgreen:

9. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Man... these days seem much longer than my average day... when is Monday coming?!! Can't wait to pick up my Prius...
    I know some ppl waited for months, and I am just gonna wait for couple days. I just feel like complaining.

Ways to kill time while waiting for my Prius...
    1. Come here alot!
    2. Go to toyota.com's FAQ and do search on Prius. They have lots of useful info on the Prius. You guys can check it out too... Toyota FAQ
    3. Check my email every min.
    4. Aimlessly surf the internet.

This wait is killing me!

Scott

10. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    [font=Comic Sans MS:2e7d149ee0]Among the FAQs you should look at is the PriusChat one. Lots of good info if you haven't read it already.
    The PriusChat above is a link.[/font:2e7d149ee0]

11. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottY\";p=\"93143)</div>
    Not nearly as much FAQ as you can get here and PriusOnline!