1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Malloryn, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Malloryn

Malloryn New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi everyone,

I picked up my new 2011 Prius III with nav this weekend. She's a Blizzard Pearl beauty. I'm enjoying it and trying out many of the tips and tricks I've read about here. I have it set in Eco mode but will try Normal soon. I have to deal with a lot of hilly terrain on my commute, and want to find the best way to deal with that. I still have much to learn and I know I've found a great place for that.

Thanks!

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome To PriusChat .

I remember the excitement waiting for my 2007 Prius to come in. Every since than I remain excited with all the features of this wonderful car. But Best Of All The Gas Savings, I have been getting 56 MPG for the last 4 years.

I hope you enjoy your new baby as much as I do mine.

3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    It's rapidly closing in on our first year with my 2010 III with nav and solar. Only have 20,000 miles!!!:eek:

I don't have hills to deal with rather it's very strong headwinds. What I've found is you make back your losses when going the other way with a tailwind just like you'll find that going down hill helps with the uphill losses.

Read up and learn how to use the HSI screen to its full potential. Have fun!

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride! Great color choice. Be sure to read the manual front to back if you have not already.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It helps but doesn't usually overcome the losses. :( My MPG would be so much better if I didn't have to deal with big hills.

6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to the forum!