1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius' Paneling Alignment Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ryn01599, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Ryn01599

Ryn01599 Hybrid Owner for Life

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My Prius is about 4 months new now and I was washing the car this morning and noticed that the bumper panel that sits right underneath the taillight had POPPED OUT. I pushed on it and it popped back into position, but then noticed that the taillight was snug with the bumper - real snug! Unlike the opposite side where there is a small gap betweeen the two. This worried me so I checked the front of the car on the same side and noticed the the hood was inched up a notch above the rest of the car and it created a small lip.

Now, just to clarify, I have not been into an accident or hit a single thing - just driving to work and back. It seems to me that the driver's side of the car seems unaligned and/or slipping a little.

I plan on taking the car back to the dealership and discuss this issue with them. What do you think I should do about it???

Thanks much,

Ryan Lee

2. mssmith95

mssmith95 Michael

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ryn01599 @ Jul 19 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]289243[/snapback]</div>
    Good idea to take it to them.

However, how can you be sure the car wasn't hit while you were not watching it? Someone could have pushed against it with another soft bumper without scraping any paint. Unless the frame is damaged, I can't imagine how both the front and back would be involved.

Let us know what happens.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sounds like a case of F.O.T. It was probably always that way, but you're calm enough now to notice...

F.O.T.=fell off truck

4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    During last Sunday's Long Island, NY Prius meeting, I also noticed it on Tito's rear bumper (driver side). He pushed it back in and it we couldn't find any scretch or bump on the bumper. It has never happened to my Prius. Tito had the hitch for bicycle installed tho. Would you by any chance?

Dennis

5. Ryn01599

Ryn01599 Hybrid Owner for Life

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nope - 06 fully loaded package - only upgrade is the shark fin antena