1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius ... questions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by McShemp, Jan 8, 2006.

1. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Just picked up a new #6 on Saturday. I "settled" for my second color choice (Driftwood). It was a car someone took home one evening and brought back. They deemed it too complicated and returned it the next day ... before the car was titled. I made sure my title said "new" car and I am the 1st owner so no worries re the tax credit.

The circumstances were a little weird, but there's one thing I didn't pick up on until after the purchase. The guy who took it home before me had the windows etched by the dealer ... it's really faint and I didn't see it until I got the car home.

How to proceed? Tell the salesman about it and wait for his solution or demand the dealer activate it in my name or replace all the glass?

BTW - We're gonna be getting another Prius from them in the next month or so.

BTW - I've searched the site, anyone have lany luck getting color matched door edging? All I've seen are chrome and black.

Also, are the door guards (different moulding) worth it?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    so this is an '05?

What was etched on the windows? Usually all that's put on there is the VIN so there shouldn't be anything to worry/complain about---your insurance company may offer a discounted rate due to the fact that the windows are etched.

Don't know about the matching edging.

The mouldings are nice, I think they look good and they probably would've prevented the single door ding I got prior to adding them.

3. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It's an '06, and a registration number - not the car's VIN - was etched onto the windows. During the closing, the financing guy tried to sell this feture as an add-on, like all the other over-priced add-ons like their warranty. Since I didn't pay for this it's not associated with me, but it's on my car when I didn't ask for it.

Seeing it could keep thieves away, but I don't think the Prius is chop-shop material yet.

I think I'll call the company - an 800 numer is on a sticker on the underside of the rear hatch - and ask them about "my" service.