1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius to test in Windsor, Ontario

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Researchers with the Auto21 Network of Centres of Excellence, headquartered at the University of Windsor, will be part of a national program to test the new plug-in hybrid version of the Toyota Prius.

"As Canada's national automotive research and development program, Auto21 is well-situated to help Toyota in its data collection efforts," Peter Frise, scientific director and CEO of Auto21, said Thursday. "The use of the car will be an excellent learning opportunity in near-to-market technology for the researchers and student researchers who participate in the testing."

Representatives of Auto21, one of 13 organizations and municipalities teaming up with Toyota, will soon begin driving the Prius Plug-in Hybrid in everyday weather and traffic condition as part of a national trials taking place in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia and Manitoba.

Toyota recently unveiled the plug-in version of the Prius hybrid and is engaging in global trials to assess its performance in a variety of driving and climate conditions.

New Prius to test in Windsor

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Ug ~ seems the only way to drive their PHEV is to suck up to some academic administrator ... I need another post graduate degree like I need another hole in my head.

:rolleyes: