1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius v Owner

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by KomaiaKai, Feb 2, 2012.

1. KomaiaKai

KomaiaKai New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I bought a Pearl White Prius v III from Dianne Whitmire at Carson Toyota on the 31st. I wanted the Red but it is a rare bird, at least in the III. I am one of the types who don't like to to haggle. I bought my Tundra via the Internet in 2006 and was pleased I didn't have to get sweated like when I bought a Ford Expedition in 1999. Long story, after dealing with local dealers, phone calls, non-returned emails, Dianne and Nathan came through with a great price (Much less than what Truecar was claiming, plus Dianne ordered up all weather mats like I wanted, so should be getting those soon). She sent me a price via email and I said let's do it and drove to Carson Toyota, filled out the paperwork and was off. Since I had no trade, nor financing, it was a straight up quick deal.

Why a Prius v? The mileage and the extra space. As a surfer, I wanted a car that would get me to the beach relatively cheaper than what I was currently driving. For those longboarders who are thinking about pulling the trigger, my 10 FT. Model T fits INSIDE the Prius v with the seats down. Now the board reaches the front window, so I am going to look into surfracks for the Prius v, but a 7ft board will fit in the back with the seats down no problem.

So how is the ride for the first two days? Nice. The front window IS HUGE. Ride is nice, but one thing I noticed was the lack of dual sun visors like my Tundra. That is such a little creature comfort why would Toyota leave it out except save a few cents. I haven't played with Entune yet, and have driven the car basically in ECO mode. Haven't played with the power mode, but given the car is less than 140hp, how much power can you eke out of it. So far the car is what I expected, and thanks to Dianne for making the deal PAINLESS.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    She is a jewel among salespeople. And she has a good product to sell. Welcome to Prius Chat!

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sounds like a great deal... welcome aboard and enjoy!