1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius v Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by fireandrain, Dec 7, 2013.

1. fireandrain

fireandrain New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Just picked up a Prius v a few months ago, and just learned about this forum. Honestly didn't even know there was such thing as a Prius forum, but I'm glad I found the forum and I'm glad it's an active forum!

Bought the car brand new with only 32 miles on it. It's my first hybrid, and it took awhile to get use to. I also own a Nissan GT-R, and the car is brutally fast the brakes stop you on a dime. First time I test drove the Prius I thought the brakes didn't work because I was pressing them down and I wasn't stopping, and I realized it was because I was so used to the GT-R, but now everything is good. Just took a little to get use to.

I never use to like hybrids, but when I saw the Prius v it accomplished a lot of things. Great MPG (GT-R gets about 11mpg in the city), absurd amount of cargo room, and just over all comfortable. I can fit all my gear in the back of the Prius v and not have to worry about gas or anything.

I might tint windows and get a roof rack for my bike and skis.

Sorry for the pics, we just got a huge snow storm so these are the best I could do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nice cars. Amazing difference in power and economy. One is built for speed and handling the other for economy.

3. jdk2

jdk2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Welcome to the forum. GT-R looks nice. It can now sit until the snow is gone :)

4. fireandrain

fireandrain New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Haha, yea completely opposite cars, but each serves a purpose and does a great job at doing so.

5. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  6. Diver Allen

Diver Allen Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You sound a little like me. I've got a 2013 V (silver) that replaced my Chevy Suburban. I get 3+ times the miles per gallon now . My other car is a '91 Corvette with 28k miles on it. Don't ask me what the gas mileage on it is - I have no idea.
    [​IMG] 2013-08-16 13-cropped.jpg

7. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

8. engerysaver

engerysaver Real Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to PRIUSchat; and enjoy your new 2013 Prius V !! You will love :love: passing up those gas stations, while getting great MPG:) .

9. fireandrain

fireandrain New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    That's actually water/snow/salt mixture under the prius. I just got home driving it. But the epoxy looks nice. Makes me want to do it.