1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius v

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Chris G, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Chris G

Chris G New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    N/A
    I recently traded in my 05 prius, still with the original 12v battery, undoubtedly the most reliable car I have ever owned, on a new prius v with what is known in Canada as the cruising and technology p
    ackage. Ithink that's similar to the v 5 in the U.S.
    I was following a car down along straight hill with the radar cruise control maintaining a safe distance behind the car ahead.The preceding car then signalled an intention to turn right at a T junction at the bottom of the hill I new the car would have to slow quite abit to make the turn.There was no traffic coming the other way so I let the prius do its own thing. The prius did what I consider moderate braking till the preceding car was clear then smoothly accelerated back to the selected speed of 80 k/hr. Wonderful system. I find mysef using the cruise control in much heavier traffic than I would use a conventional system.
    My question is this. Does the radar cruise control turn on the brake lights when slowing the car without input from the brake pedal?