1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius, with Concerns

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bbianchi, Dec 20, 2005.

1. bbianchi

bbianchi New Member

Okay so long story short I just took delivery of a new '06 Prius Saturday, we dont need to go getting into tax credits etc. Lets just say I made out better than I would have had I waited for 06 and the credit.

Anyhow after doing like any new car owner, I read on here today about how to get to the Menu's that you are supposed to be able to.

While looking at my vehicle diagnostics screens I became concerned. To me the driver in my past 200 (as it sits its at 210 now) miles all has seemed well. However according to my computer it has not.

EMV is loaded with errors, NAVI has some too, AUDIO (what a critical system) has none, G/W has several, and DSP-AMP has a few as well. If pictures are nececcary they can be provided.

Is this normal? Could they be a post manufacturing thing or should I have some concern and perhaps take the car in this coming week to a shop to have it checked out? Can anyone tell me how to decode these error codes?

Anyones opinion/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Now you've gone and gotten yourself all curious and worried!

First, congrats on the new Prius, your curiosity is going to help you fit in well around here.

Yes, those diagnostic codes will remain there for a while. You can have them cleared if you wish, but they don't mean there's anything wrong with the car at all, they're perfectly normal on a brand new car.

3. jeneric

jeneric New Member

You made out better than you would have had you waited for 06 and the credit.

4. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

You made out better than you would have had you waited for 06 and the credit.

5. bbianchi

bbianchi New Member

Yes I did. I actually got 1500 off MSRP and I got an extra couple bucks on the trade-in which made up for it.

6. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First off the codes you are seeing are not at all related to vehicle operation. The MFD only shows diagnostics for items directly related to the MFD. It has no diagnostic connection to the engine, battery or any of the other more important control systems. The codes you do see are probably from manufacturing and testing. If everything is working and you do not get a check engine light or the red triangle of death, all is well.