1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kimgh, May 19, 2006.

1. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I picked up my new Prius (Super White, #8) today. Total wait time from getting on the list to picking up the car: 3 weeks minus one day.

I asked why my wait was so short, and the answer was that white is not in as much demand as other colors. Also, I guess that lots of folks in CA think the HOV opportunity is gone (which I think is wrong). Anyway, 7 people turned this one down before I was called. So, although white was not my first choice, I was sure happy to take it. Especially since some people are waiting up to six months...

Well, now for some fun!

2. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimgh @ May 19 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]258443[/snapback]</div>
    Congratulation on joining the Prius club.
    I have a white Prius and it looks great. I put a black with a red stripe side dressing on it to stop carpark door dings. Also, think about tinting. It takes any starkness off the vehicle.

3. andrewgs

andrewgs I Pity Da Foo!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations! Wish I were so lucky. White is one of my favorites, and PKG. 8 is out of my league pricewise. What color is the interior? Planning any mods?

4. MikeSF

MikeSF Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah I dont think white is as popular, I mean its just bleh.. white :)

HOV sticker time better NOT be over, I'm still waiting for mine!

I'm guessing ontop of the "higher" cost for an economy car people don't want to pay for all those extra gadgets, I chucked a fit at one Toyota dealer trying to sell me a #6 package and I asked him why I would want to spend $2400 for a 6 disc cd changer & blue tooth. Personally I would have went with an optionless package since almost everything can be installed aftermarket for way less than what Toyota is charging, but package #3 is the minimum one can get in this area apparently, so it turned a $21,700 MSRP to a $24000 MSRP. With package #8? Just went up to near $30000.

5. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimgh @ May 19 2006, 08:09 PM) [snapback]258443[/snapback]</div>
    Many folks put their names on several dealers' lists at once. When a car arrives with their specs, the dealer calls around. Some folks have already found a car elsewhere, so the dealer just continues down his list.

As long as there are more buyers than available cars, the dealers don't mind. So a few of those seven may have already found their cars elsewhere; it isn't necessarily accurate that they turned down your car specifically.

6. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    To answer the question in the title of this thread (which seems to have nothing to do with your original post):

Yes.

7. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Boring?

Is the national anthem "boring"?

Is the Eagle Scout induction ceremony "boring"?

Is a BAPTISM "boring"?

Of course!

And your point is...

B)

8. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got my SuperWhite 2006 package 5 off the lot - I'm glad white isn't the most popular color - I needed the car! Yes, it wasn't my first choice color, but it's SO beautiful! Charcoal interior - and I'm getting leather seats in a couple of weeks, and getting my moldings and bumper protector put on Monday (it's not supposed to rain - it rained all last week).

And I'm not bored by these 'I just got my Prius' posts - welcome to the ranks of the Proud Prius owners!

9. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ May 20 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]258525[/snapback]</div>

OK, I promise I won't do it again :)

( But: One wonders why you read it if you're bored by this type of post.)

10. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ May 20 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]258666[/snapback]</div>
    The only currently available new Prius in my area is a #2 white/beige. If you don't mind that color combination and low option package, I suspect it will be the easiest new Prius to find on a dealer lot.

11. BoosPrius

BoosPrius New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimgh @ May 20 2006, 09:21 PM) [snapback]258689[/snapback]</div>

I'm not bored at all by such posts. The enthusiam of the new owners who make such posts just about jumps off the page and lets the rest of us who are interested share in your enthusiasm.

Gary

12. Orf

Orf New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeannie @ May 20 2006, 08:00 PM) [snapback]258666[/snapback]</div>
    One thing about a white car - it does not heat up in the sun as much as a dark coloured car. Red is the worst colour for sun heating that I have driven.
    My white job has grey leather interior.

13. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No, not at all, we really like hearing from new Prius........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:)

We did it when our cars arrived and it's fun to hear from new owners.

Welcome to PriusChat!