1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Priusian with a Couple Q’s

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Miamick, May 3, 2022.

1. Miamick

Miamick New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks in advance for your knowledge and experience with this beast; don’t know much but I’m learning by lurking around the site.
    Bought a 2013 Prius V model 5 and took it on a quick trip to Florida-she has 144k and Dr Prius app said 70% battery remaining so I’m good I hope. Drove @69mph (had to get there-sure you guys go slower!) and over 345 miles car computer said 43.9 mpg. Drove amazing with no hiccups at all. Before I left I changed all fluids and oil/filter with 0-20 synthetic. Going to clean MAP and change plugs when I get home(assuming PO didn’t change @120k)

is this decent mpg for current condition and how much will new plugs help?

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

your mpg is spot on, i doubt you will be able to improve it much.

all the best!(y)

Miamick likes this.
  3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If you take another trip, more than 50 miles at steady 55 mph. you should be able to see exactly why some of us like to drive slower when we get a chance to. ;) Can always do shorter trips less than 50 miles at steady 35 mph for even more eye opening results, if there is ever enough time !

With Dr Prius the 6 items you want to watch closest are the Pack Voltage, Blade Voltage, VOLTAGE DIFFERENCE (per blade), and especially in the south the 3 ( Battery Temps ).