1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New rear wiper from Toyota dealership wrong size...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by 13Plug, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    So the rear wiper on my 08 Prius is torn a bit so I went to the dealer to get a new one (I'm in Canada).

He gave me an R14, which is a part number C0222-00R14 and it's 14" long. Well the factory one on the car is about 16". So I went back and talked to the parts guy and he showed me that's what the computer system tells him fits my car. He didn't even stock a 16" rear wiper blade, he suggested I get a regular front 16" blade.

Well, obviously it's going to fit but if anything I want one longer than 16" not shorter. Heck, I'd be happy to get just a straight up replacement rubber refill at this point.

What should I do now? Does someone have a part # for just the rubber refill that's the proper length? I could probably take this back and have him order it. Or, a proper part number for a full 16" refill wiper?

Thx.

2. maestro8

maestro8 Nouveau Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just because "that's what in the computer" doesn't mean the parts guy can turn his brain off and refuse to think rationally about the situation.

I'd go back to the dealer and make a bit of a fuss, talk to a manager, etc. It's just a wiper blade, it shouldn't take you three trips to make it right.

3. 13Plug

13Plug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Long story short the parts guy read the PDF wrong. They actually had 3 part numbers listed, the OEM full blade, the OEM replacement rubber insert, and the replacement 14" blade. I went back and ordered the OEM full blade replacement and it's all good now. FYI it's a 85242-47010.

4. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I would not be too hard on the parts guy unless he has made multiple mistakes. I have found that there are full-time parts guys and part-time parts guys. All it takes is a couple of trips to determine who is who.

I always find one that is the most knowledgeable and try to wait for him each time and try to strike up a mutual friendship. If not, I will usually have the parts guy spin the monitor around and let me see what the screen says and what part he is picking. This will usually prevent any mistakes where you get home, realize it is the wrong part and then have to make a return trip.

Most of the guys are more than happy to spin the monitor around and make sure you get the right part.

5. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I changed mine to 24" driver side, 18" passenger side eversince I had the car for the second week. My 2005 works good with these longer blades and the cleaning area was increased a lot.

6. ahmeow

ahmeow Prius Lover

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Oh sorry Sir,I messed up. You were talking about the read one. Yes the fty. installed one was 16".