1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New recall on Prius again!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hitechboy, Mar 9, 2010.

1. hitechboy

hitechboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota Working on Prius Recall Fix - WSJ.com

According to Wall Street Journal, Toyota is working on another recall for the 2nd gen Prius. But I didn't understand why recall on the same issue that was recalled a few months ago?!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yeah, this seems to be the same thing as before. Not sure why it's making news again other than:
    1) The last season of Lost is getting boring
    2) The Cardasians aren't doing anything
    3) Everyone on Jersey Shore is sober
    4) American Idol is taking the night off
    5) What's his Name isn't crying again because he loves America so much

3. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I received a letter from TMA, Torrence with the VIN of my car which included the following statement

"We will notify you again as soon as a campaign remedy is available for your vehicle."

I have not yet received a second notification regarding my 2006 Prius. Perhaps this is because the mentioned remedy is not yet available.

This was the letter which also included the suggestion that floor mats be removed. There were seven pages altogether.

4. Barcelona Red

Barcelona Red OM dream mobile sea glass

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I removed my floor mat months ago.
    Just wondering if the acceleration problem has something to do with cruise control? As a layman, this is what I intuitively think may be the problem.

5. xanaduu

xanaduu New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Toyota Responds to Inaccurate Reports of Future Prius Recall for Floormat Entrapment

Since I can't post a link, go to the Toyota USA website

pressroom dot toyota dot com

under Prius:

"Media reports, citing a Wall Street Journal article, have incorrectly reported that Toyota plans to announce a new recall for the 2004-2009 Prius to address the potential risk for floor mat entrapment of accelerator pedals.

There is no new recall being planned for the Prius to address this issue. To be clear, the 2004-2009 Prius was part of Toyota’s November 2, 2009 announcement of a voluntary safety recall campaign to address floor mat entrapment in certain Toyota and Lexus vehicles."

1 person likes this.