1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Richmond VA Ecomiling Club-Interested?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by jimep, Dec 10, 2011.

1. jimep

jimep Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Cobb(screen name) and I, both Richmond, VA residents are considering the formation of a club dedicated to fuel efficient cars and ecomiling techniques. We think we have several good meeting spots available to us. A rough goal statement would be, “the promotion of improved fuel economy and a better environment through education and encouragement of fuel efficient cars, and driving techniques.â€

Initially, we are thinking that the club would meet either monthly or bi-monthly with a two hour program. We would try to get the meeting room for a three hour period with a rather standard agenda that centered around:
    -welcome, opening remarks and introduction of guests
    -a short club report
    -a guest speaker
    -break
    -open discussion of cars, troubleshooting, ecomiling and other topics of interest.

An attempt would be made to keep everything very informal and open to new insights, innovation and suggestions.
    We are conducting this survey to determine if there is a level of interest within driving distance to Richmond. Obviously this is just an initial step and much work would be needed to get this off the ground. If anyone wants to meet with Cobb or me within the next week or two, or if you are interested in joining such a group, feel free to PM me.

Jim E.

2. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ...you have my moral support

3. jimep

jimep Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, it's really tough getting something like this off the ground. The interested community is scattered all over the country and over several internet sites. Plus, many folks are suffering a lack of time as those who work are called on to do more and more hours.

Don't know how it will work out, but I have 3 months set up on meetup.com. Plan some local bulletin board ads after the holidays. Thanks for your moral support - I'll need it!

4. Rybold

Rybold globally warmed member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Of course, you would have a monthly "car show" of eco-friendly cars, right?