1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Roadwire Leather Interior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mrblaise, Oct 9, 2008.

1. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just had a new leather interior installed. I ordered it through Roadwire. I chose a customized two-toned interior with Medium Gray on the outer sides and arm rests and Charcoal Gray for the perforated inserts.

They did a great job for me. They arranged to pick up my car from my office in the morning and then delivered the car back to my office before the end of the business day.

Everything went without a flaw and I think they did a great job. I also had them add extra foam padding in the two front seats and in the center console armrest. The extra padding makes a huge difference in the seating comfort. I'm really pleased. Here are a few photos.

Attached Files:

2. AlaskanPrius08

AlaskanPrius08 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    All I can say is WOW!

How much did that cost?

I would love to do this to my 08 package #2.

3. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. mrblaise

mrblaise Go Lakers!!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks! I'm really enjoying it. It also feels like a totally different car both from a "feel" standpoint and a looks standpoint. The cost was $1100.00 installed, which seems to be standard as that's what Katzkin and other higher-end dealers seem to be charging, if not more. However, with Roadwire, they don't charge extra for perforated inserts where I believe Katzkin does. Also, they added extra foam for me on both front seats and the center console armrest (ehich is really cool) at no extra cost. Further, as I stated in my original thread, they picked the car up at my office and shipped it back to me before the end of my business day at no extra cost either.

You can choose, like I did, from about 75 or so custom colors and the leather is constructed personally for you and your car. The leather is really high quality and not hard or cheap feeling like some ready-buily leather covers can feel. You can also choose from about 6 different kind of insert configurations so your car is definitely custom built. I liked that!

I have nothing but good things to say about the job done and the service was superb.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions!

5. mcorautomotivellc

mcorautomotivellc New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks good. We have been using Roadwire for many years mainly for all of our dealership work and custom retail shop and customers always love it. For our retail custom work, we always try to talk the customer into the perforated inserts since there is no additional charge. It is a great selling point for sure.

You picked a nice tried-n-true color combo on that one. We outfitted 19 new Prius' a year ago for a local companys' upper management demos. We did all the grey cars with this exact combo (except the inserts were grey instead but also perforated) and everyone was impressed. So impressed, we did three of their personal vehicles with custom leather conversions shortly thereafter. $1100 is a decent deal for same-day service including pickup and delivery. Our local dealerships fetch $1999 for this job (I WISH we could get that much!). So your deal was good. Enjoy it!

6. Frayadjacent

Frayadjacent Resident Conservative

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Nice. If my cloth seats show wear after a couple years, I'd like to do something like that. Leather is nice.

A few years ago I was looking at a new car and didn't think I wanted the leather seats, but they didn't have one I liked in stock without leather seats, so I got it. Turns out I really like leather seats. Only in cars, not in the house.

7. sdserene

sdserene New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I plan on getting this when I decide to redo my seats!

8. 925PriusGuy

925PriusGuy Winter Gray & Blizzard Pearl Pri

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looking nice! Thanks for sharing the photos and info. The two-tone look is a nice touch to the Prius interior. Enjoy! :)

9. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    NICE! I like the 2-tone better than my Bartlett leather (however, I paid $150 for mine and installed it myself, so I will put up with some disappointments :D - and I have had none, really).

10. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    My Bartlette leather came out a little over $200 with the tools and hog rings. The knowledge gained by doing myself is priceless.