1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"New" ROSEN model/approach

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by prius2010II, May 23, 2011.

1. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Rosen is now marketing a Toyota universal 2DIN unit with Scosche install kits + factory harnesses for the Prius (and other models).

DS-TY10C0-H11

I suspect, but have no evidence, this may wind up replacing the model specific units. This will allow Rosen to order fewer models from China. Dealers will have fewer models to stock.

Probably makes it easier to source the product from different Chinese mfg.

http://www.rosenentertainment.com/Navigation Fitment Chart REV W 05.13.11.pdf

I'm not sure what advantage a Rosen unit has, other then a factory look.

I don't know how much longer the Prius specific model will be offered.

2. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The factory look was a reason why most people paid the Rosen premium price for the old chinese unit. if they sell scotche panel with standard 2DIN unit they have to ask a standard price around 500USD or less.

3. prius2010II

prius2010II Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Agreed. People who want the "factory look" might want to buy while the factory look unit is still available.

A lower price might not be enough. Once you lose the factory look customers could buy any 2DIN unit. Places like Crutchfield are selling the Rosen for more money then name brand units. People willing to pay current Rosen prices for a factory look might spend similar money and get a Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer...unit.